🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How do I know that a contract has been offici...
Page options
endytech
Community Member

How do I know that a contract has been officially agreed and how do I get paid?

Hi everyone! I am new to Upwork but i have been in communication with a client. We ahreed on a price for a contract. I have completed the job but it does not show on "My jobs" that I have a contract or that I have accepted and completed a contract. How do I go about this? And how do I get paid?
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Gabriel,

Unfortunately, you were not hired for this project. If the client didn’t send you an offer on Upwork and you didn’t accept it forming an official contract, they will not be able to pay you. Please communicate with your client and advise that they hire you on Upwork to be able to pay.

Please make sure to check the resources in this post to help you get started and learn more on how to Stay Safe Online. If you see a violation of the Upwork Terms of Service, we encourage you to use Report Suspicious User Activity feature.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Gabriel,

Unfortunately, you were not hired for this project. If the client didn’t send you an offer on Upwork and you didn’t accept it forming an official contract, they will not be able to pay you. Please communicate with your client and advise that they hire you on Upwork to be able to pay.

Please make sure to check the resources in this post to help you get started and learn more on how to Stay Safe Online. If you see a violation of the Upwork Terms of Service, we encourage you to use Report Suspicious User Activity feature.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
endytech
Community Member

Thank you very much.

I followed your advice and we have been able to resolve the issue successfully. I have been paid for the job now.

Thank you.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members