🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How do I log in with my phone number?
Page options
adam_kecskes
Community Member

How do I log in with my phone number?

Hi,

I logged into Upwork a long while ago with an email that is no longer valid; I tried creating a new account with a better email, but now it won't let me go further since my phone number (which is still valid) is associated with the old email account. How do I go about logging in using my phone number to validate myself?

Thanks!
-=-Adam

23 REPLIES 23
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Adam,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I am having the exact same issue that he is having

82791b46
Community Member

I'm having the same issue. Please help.

Hi Jack,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

No need Jack but thank you. I got it figured out a while back. Had the
incorrect email address.

Hi - I am having the same issue.  Can someone please reach out to me to assist as well?

Hi Leah,

I have requested the assistance of our team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
f71d2cdf
Community Member

I am having the exact same issue as well! Please help

Hi Sydney,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ Arjay
Upwork
1b1e984c
Community Member

I am having this issue as well. Pls help

I've just created my account but my number verification is failing saying the number is in use with another account. I've never used upwork before. Can someone help?

Hi Ishaan,

I'm sorry if you're having trouble completing the phone verification process. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket to give this the attention it deserves. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon on this page to assist.

~ Arjay
Upwork
da354b45
Community Member

I'm currently having this exact issue. My email is no longer valid and to get support I had to create a new account but my account setup is not complete as I need to put my phone number in which is currently being used on my other account that I can't log into. Please help!

Hi Annabelle,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
31efc8a9
Community Member

I'm having this exact problem! Can't figure out how to log into account made years ago because I don't have access to the email and don't remember the username or password. When I try to very my new account, it doesn't accept my phone number because it's in use from the old account. HELP

Hi Jay,

Thank you for your message. Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more information about the old account you are referring to?

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
a5ec8fd1
Community Member

Hi,

I'm having this same problem. For some reason, it says that my phone number is already in use for a different account. But I don't have another account and I need my number to get verified ASAP. 

Hi Sarah,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
eead81f4
Community Member

Hello! I am having the same issue! 

Hi Polly,

I can see that one of our agents already assisted you. If you need further help, please feel free to reach out. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
2f66d57e
Community Member

how do i log in with my phone number

dcdcd420
Community Member

I'm having the same issue, can someone please help? I dont know what old email I used, that was eons ago in college.

Hi Abigail,

I have requested the assistance of our team. One of our agents will assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members