🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How do I open a support ticket?
Page options
zhusarewych
Community Member

How do I open a support ticket?

How do I open a support ticket?

The page: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us only refers issues to forums. I am having problems Submitng Propals,, on clicking Submit Proposals it just hange with "Waiting" message in the status bar.

Does anybody know how to fix this?

71 REPLIES 71

Hi Hentry,

Could you please try to add your payment method manually by clicking on the green hyper link at the bottom of the new window that is opening for you? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I tried to manually add the bank. But the 'next' button is not working and I can't add my bank details to save it.

Hi Hentry,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your payment method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi i erroneously sent money to my payoneer account.could you reverse it to my account?

Hi Joy,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your withdrawal. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
manuba
Community Member

There is no "Get help from Upwork" Button, no Chat support anymore ect. Virtually no real option to contact Upwork and getting support. Have those options all been moved? Or even removed?? Or am I just partially bind and don't see them anymore?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Manuel,

You can click the question mark icon that shows at the bottom right corner of this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help you, go ahead and select the best option. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can click "Ask something else" for more options, including contacting our support team.

You can also share with us your concern so that we can assist you accordingly or have the correct support team assist you.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
manuba
Community Member

Hi Bojan,
thanks for your quick reply! Unfortunately I am not able to find such question mark and proceed with your instructions thou...

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Manuel,

Could you please confirm if you're not seeing this question mark at the bottom right corner of the previously shared page?

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
manuba
Community Member

Hi Bojan,
I got it now. After a restart of my browser it appeared.
Thanks!!

m_velev
Community Member

I have been trying to open a support request for the last 7 hours with no success. Have submitted multiple requests via chat and nothing happens.

m_velev
Community Member

There was an automatic transfer to the wrong bank account. I want to return the amount in my Upwork account and transfer it to the right one but I am not quite sure of how does it work and what time does it take for the amount to reappear in my Upwork account. I have been trying to open a support request for the last 7 hours, but no agent has contacted me yet. I would appreciate any useful info.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Milan,

This withdrawal will return to your account once the transaction fails, which usually take from 7 to 10 days. If after 10-days, it still isn’t reflecting on your Upwork account, please get back to us so that we can issue a trace for you. 

Please consider waiting for the withdrawn amount to reverse and appear on your Upwork account first and then update the payment method information. Accurate entry of payment details same as removing inactive ones is your responsibility and essential for successful withdrawals. 

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
d3fc02d0
Community Member

I am trying to contact Upwork support regarding billing as i would like to defer payment. how can i do this?

Thanks and Regards,

Mohan

Hi Mohan,

You can click the question mark icon that shows at the bottom right corner of this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, go ahead and select the best option. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can click "Ask something else" for more options, including contacting our support team. Please feel free to share more information with us here in the community and we'll gladly help you with it. 

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
gilldouglas
Community Member

Incorrect message posted

jamilhossain22
Community Member

e-mail to Upwork support mail,it was very helpful. when io have problem i just send email that's it Oriobolem are solved 🙂 

e6dd3eb8
Community Member

i am not able to chat with the upwork agent and there is not option for submitting a request as well

Can anuone help ?

Hi Matee,

I would be happy to help. Feel free to share more information about your concerns here and we will be happy to assist you or connects you with the appropriate team. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
thebestresults
Community Member

Hello, I lately got issues with paypal and they advised me to open a new account. I opened the account and added it to my Upwork but am getting the error "Financial transactions for xxx  have been limited.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Jane,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
6225b326
Community Member

Heya. I got the job **Edited for Community Guidelines** and after i was done with what it wanted, the job was deleted and didn't get my money. This is my proposal **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Konstantinos,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I checked this for you and it looks like no contract was set up hence the client was not billed.

Please avoid working on a project unless a contract is created and if you see any suspicious user activity in the future, you may report it to us by sending us a flag.

~ AJ
Upwork
4de35c0b
Community Member

Hello!! Hope you have a good day, please how can you help me, my account has been suspended and I have $240 on it pleases how can I withdraw my money , because i was trying to  verify my account but actually am trying to capture my face but unfortunately my brother he was trying to check my phone but Upwork capture him.am trying to solve the issue since but am not get it.actually Upwork it was new to me ididnt know about it before and i know you can help me out.

Please I will like to hear from you

Thanks:) this is the Gmail **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Omotosho,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page

Please consider following up on the ticket so that our team can assist you further with your account.

~ Nikola
Upwork
8816b752
Community Member

Hello, I can't validate my account. I've uploaded my document multiple times and it says that I haven't posted anything. I have done it 5 times through different devices and It still doesn't work. Captura de pantalla 2023-11-08 a la(s) 11.07.59.pngCaptura de pantalla 2023-11-07 a la(s) 14.12.55.png

It looks like the ID validation doesn't work

Regards

mychlox3
Community Member

I am struggling with my account. When I try to apply for a job it is greyed out and I cannot click apply now option. Please help.

Hi Lesliane,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you with further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
e57106e5
Community Member

Hello,
I am writing here because the problems I have experienced with Upwork have not stopped since I got my first job from Upwork, and your site did not open a ticket even though I tried every way to open a ticket. First, I can't change my hourly rate no matter what I do. The hourly rate editing button that other users have is not visible for me. In addition, you caused a lot of difficulties in my payment system because there are Turkish characters in my name. Although I somehow solved those parts, this time I cannot receive payment for the work I have been doing for 2 months, even though the employer has posted it on the site. While it appears as $0 in the Get paid section, the fee I receive appears on my profile. When I try to open a ticket for this situation, your 'Chat with Upwork' button in the support section does not show any reaction even though I click it. These situations I have experienced have greatly changed my perspective on Upwork. Can you please help me as soon as possible so that I can at least get paid for my work?

Hi Tugberk,

I'm sorry to learn about your experience; let me help clarify your concerns. You can't change your hourly rate because you're an exclusive member of the agency you're part of. Your rates can only be edited from the Agency Roster page when you access the agency profile. Since you have Business Manager permissions with the agency, you should be able to edit your rates.

Your ability to get paid also aligns with what I mentioned above. Since you're an exclusive member of your agency, all your contracts are paid to the agency account, and the agency owner is responsible for paying its members. Please consult the agency owner regarding your payment. You can check this article for more information on the difference between exclusive and non-exclusive agency members. In addition, check out this page for more details on how the agency finances work.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
7ee84a58
Community Member

I can't open a ticket either. I'm having issues uploading a photo. It keeps saying that "something went wrong". The photo is clear and is not over 5 MB.

Hi Louis,

Please check if the image you're trying to upload is in .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .png format and at least 250px by 250px and no more than 4000 x 4000px. Also, make sure that it's a clear photo of yourself, not a long shot, that your face is visible, and that the following requirements are met:

• You are not wearing sunglasses in the photo
  • It is not a logo or clip-art
  • It is not a group photo
  • The picture was not digitally altered
  • The maximum size is 5 MB
If it meets those requirements and you still can't upload it, please try clearing your cache and cookies and using a different browser to check if the problem persists.

It's important to note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile, including your profile photo, needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. Please check this help article for more information about profile pictures and tips on choosing an excellent photo.

Let us know if the issue persists with a screenshot of what you can see from your end; we'll look further into that for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths