🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How do I remove an active proposal from a job...
Page options
e8cd2138
Community Member

How do I remove an active proposal from a job that has been removed?

Hi all!

Apologies if this has been answered before, but I couldn't find a clear answer from the chatbot. My profile says that I have an active proposal. It seems that the person was not following the rules, as they and their job have been removed from UpWork. Is there any way for me to remove my proposal? Or will it disappear over time? Attaching a screenshot for clarification. Thank you in advance!

52 REPLIES 52
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Katie,

The proposal should be archived as the job has been cancelled. Let me have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to double check on this and make sure the system updates and the proposal gets archived.

Thanks for reaching out. 

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi! I am currently having the same problem, is there any way you could help me out? Thanks 🙂

Hi Olivia,

Thanks for reaching out. Can you please check again now? The proposal in question should no longer appear as active.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
d654b11b
Community Member

I'm facing the same problem plz help

8f3b81bd
Community Member

i'm having the same problem.I would be very grateful for your help

I have met the same problem. Can you help me?

Hi IIinca,

I have checked and confirmed that those jobs should be archived as they were cancelled. I'll have one of our team members assist you directly via a support ticket. You can access your ticket on this page and don't hesitate to communicate if you need further assistance. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork

I'm having the same issue. Would you mind helping me fix it as well? Thank you

Hi Brianna,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please share more information about the issue you experience so that we can better assist you? 

~ Nikola
Upwork
1210b7f7
Community Member

Please sir it's asking me that this proposal needs 6 connect 

how do I go with that please 

Hi Mercy,

Could you please share more information about the issue you're experiencing? I checked and it looks like you should have enough Connects to apply to a 6 Connects Job Post.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hello,

I have the same problem with 2 active proposals that have been removed from upwork, and I want to remove them from the active proposals' list and report those two employers if possible because other freelancers can get scammed too, can you help me with that ?

Hi Ayoub,

Thank you for your message. Your proposals for the removed job will be automatically taken off from your Active Proposals within 48 hours. Please check out this post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs and please use the flag option found on each job post or message anytime you’d like to report a violation.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

The same thing has happened to me. This is my first time on upwork and I got scammed. The person removed the job post and it still appears as an active proposal. Can someone please remove this active proposal from my account. It would be much appreciated! Thanks

Hi Elise,

As Pradeep mentioned, since the job post has been removed, your proposals will automatically be taken off your Active Proposals page within 48 hours. Let us know if it hasn't and we'll look further into that for you. You may also want to check the thread Pradeep shared in his response so that you'll be aware of how to avoid questionable jobs.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hi Valeria K,

I also have the same issue with one of my active candidate

Hi Earl Zar,

Your proposals for the removed job will be automatically taken off from your Active Proposals within 48 hours. Please check out this post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs and please use the flag option found on each job post or message anytime you’d like to report a violation.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hello Valeria,

Can you pls help me? I'm trying to close my account but I can't seem to withdraw an active proposal. How do I solve this?

Hi Erica,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork

I'm facing the same problem plz help I need to close my account urgently 

I have the same problem, I've canceled a job post but it still says I have active proposals. Can you help me?

Can you do this to me too? The problem I'm having is the same as Katie K. I can't archive my proposal because the job on upwork has been deleted. 

Hi Iin,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you on this page with more information and further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
dbcd9d93
Community Member

Im having the same problem can some help please that person got my addres i think it was acamming me

Hi Eddie,

Thanks for reaching out. I understand that you have concerns about the recent job you have submitted a proposal to. I checked, and it looks like the job has already been removed for violating the Upwork TOS. I encourage you to read this help article and also, please check out Tips to avoid questionable jobs and this help article about how you can stay safe on Upwork.  

~ Joanne
Upwork
08b0763d
Community Member

I have also had the same problem with this active proposal being deleted and can't be remove also.

08b0763d_0-1677055729620.png

shariful_siraji
Community Member

I guess you shouldn't worry about this. 

Well It's a bit annoying, because I can't cloes my account due to this problem

Hi Khid,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

hi, can you help me too?

How do I remove an active proposal from a job that has been removed?

Apologies if this has been answered before, but I couldn't find a clear answer from the chatbot. My profile says that I have an active proposal. It seems that the person was not following the rules, as they and their job have been removed from UpWork. Is there any way for me to remove my proposal? Or will it disappear over time?

I have the same problem as above, how can i solve this?

Attaching a screenshot for clarification. Thank you in advance!

Hi Khojimurod,

Thank you for reaching out. I checked and can confirm that the job has already been removed for violating Upwork TOS. Your proposal for the removed job will be automatically taken off your Active Proposals page within 48 hours. Please check out this post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs and please use the flag option found on each job post or message anytime you’d like to report suspicious activity throughout the platform.

~ Arjay
Upwork
hina_rana
Community Member

Can you please help me as well, client has hired someone else but the proposal is in my active section for months now and it just is an eyesore. You guys need to give an archive option for jobs that never go through. 

Hi Hina,

Thank you for reaching out. Please know that we cannot close the job if it did violate ToS. There are also instances when clients keep the job open should they need to hire another contractor. If you want to remove this from your active proposals, you can withdraw the proposal from your end.

~ AJ
Upwork
9fed4329
Community Member

i have one of those jobs too. I need them to be deleted immediately!

Hi Bilge,

Thank you for reaching out and bringing this to our attention. Please note that your proposals for the removed job will be automatically taken off your Active Proposals within 48 hours. Please check out this post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs and please use the flag option found on each job post or message anytime you’d like to report a violation.

~ Arjay
Upwork
5337cef9
Community Member

Hi! I am currently having the same problem, is there any way you could help me out? Thanks 

Hi Ariadna,

I took a closer look and I can see that you've already reached out to our support team about your concern and requested an account closure. I can also confirm that your concern has been addressed and the request to close the account has been completed. Let us know if you still need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
bd0103f0
Community Member

I have the same problem and it got my personal information, What should I do to remove the active proposal that the post has been deleted please help me.

bd0103f0_0-1686220234061.png

bd0103f0_1-1686220249959.png

bd0103f0
Community Member

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members