🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: How do I renew a job to get paid?
Page options
andrew222
Community Member

How do I renew a job to get paid?

Hi, I recently completed a job.

Trying to pay me, the client accidentally declined the job, and now I'm no longer able to accept payment for it.

How should I redo so I can get paid?

Can the client renew the job, or do we have to start over with a new job, and the client invites me or I reapply?

Thanks for the help.

1 REPLY 1
petra_r
Community Member

Andrew Bryan S wrote:

Hi, I recently completed a job.

Trying to pay me, the client accidentally declined the job, and now I'm no longer able to accept payment for it.

How should I redo so I can get paid?

Can the client renew the job, or do we have to start over with a new job, and the client invites me or I reapply?

If the client "declined" anything, then that would have been a proposal, not a job submission, so it sounds like you were never actually hired, never had a contract, never should have done any work and therefor cannot be paid...

The client has to hire you (they can go to your profile and click on "Hire Now" and then go from there.)

In future, do NOT work until you are hired, either on an hourly job (where you then log your hours) or a fully funded fixed rate contract.

If there actually was a contract, it depends on whether that contract was fixed or hourly. Was there a contract, and what was it (fixed or hourly?)

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members