🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How do I report a user?
Page options
onceinabluerune
Community Member

How do I report a user?

Sorry if this is placed in the wrong location but how do I go about reporting a user? I believe the user in question is scamming, and I'd like to report him.

The person in question contacted me on another site (**Edited for Community Guidelines**) to ask if I could create an account they could use to earn the double amount of their pay, which is very much not allowed.

They indirectly asked to see my bank account (to verify if I could hire them myself, when I asked to see their profile (I asked to see it so I could report it)). They decided to not actually send me their profile, but sent me screenshot of their profile including the name. Thus a moderator should be able to find them.

Someone help?? 

14 REPLIES 14
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Nadia,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible where you can share the evidence with us. Our team will investigate it further and proper actions will be taken. Thank you for reporting this.

~ Goran
Upwork

I need to report another user as well. They attempted to take payment off site. I feel uneasy about the job as it seems scammy. 

re: "I need to report another user as well."

You may report details here in the Community Forum.

[or]

You may click on the "Flag as inappropriate" button/link in the top-righthand corner of the Job Posting page.

[or]

You may open up a Customer Support ticket.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Desiree,

You can click on my name and send me a PM with more information about your report. I'll check that and escalate to the correct team.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
dmbolin
Community Member

I sent you a pm. Please let me know how to proceed. 

I need also to report a user, but please anyone here can respond my ticket, it's an urgent matter, he is a scammer and needs to be suspended right away so that he could not bite again someone who is responsible in the working field. He did not pay my co freelancers along with the stipulated time. Aside from that he offers a job also outside in this platform even though he got the job offer in Upwork

Hi Shera,

Could you please send me a private message with more information about your report? I'll check that for you and escalate to the correct team for further investigation. Please, check this help article for more information on how to use the flag option to report any inappropriate content.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Goran 

I have some client who ask me to publish app in google play and they dont pay after finish job and cancle the contract. would you check please 

Hi Ikechukwu,

I am sorry to hear about your experience with the client. I shared your report with our team to investigate and take action based on our internal processes. In the future, feel free to use the "Flag as Inappropriate" option throughout the site to report any suspicious activity.

- Pradeep

Upwork
bd451606
Community Member

Hi, I would like to report 2 clients because they are trying to contact me through other sites and wants me to start the job without contract. 

Hi  Mike,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the clients you are referring to? I will be sure to look into your report and escalate it accordingly.

~ Nikola
Upwork

re: "Hi, I would like to report 2 clients because they are trying to contact me through other sites and wants me to start the job without contract."

Every job posting has a "Flag as inappropriate" link option which you may use to report this.

Also, you may right-click on individual messages in the Upwork Messages tool and report something like this.

26e9e16d
Community Member

I would like to report 2 clients reaching out on telegram

Hi Peace,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I took the liberty to check the clients you're referring to and share your report with our team to investigate and take action based on our internal processes. In the future, feel free to use the "Flag as Inappropriate" option throughout the site to report any suspicious activity. Check out this page for more information.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members