🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How do I request to start a dispute with a cl...
Page options
p8-productions
Community Member

How do I request to start a dispute with a client?

After deliver requested files, the client don't want to pay me

2 REPLIES 2
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Juan, 

I haven't checked your account in great detail, but if you're referring to the non-release of a milestone on a fixed-price contract, you can dispute the money in escrow by following the steps here. You may learn more about disputes here.

I can see that you also have an open ticket for the same concern. If you have additional questions, please don't hesitate to add more information in your open support ticket so that the team handling your concern can assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "After deliver requested files, the client don't want to pay me"

Juan:
You didn't provide much detail, so let me provide some general tips:

If you are working on an hourly contract, then you are paid AUTOMATICALLY for the time that you log.

If you are working on a fixed-price contract, then the client has NO WAY TO GET THE ESCROW MONEY BACK unilaterally. He needs to either release the money to you, or request a refund. If the client uses the "fixed-price loophole" by continually clicking the "request changes" button, then you need to dispute his non-release of funds:

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211068528-Dispute-Non-Release-of-a-Milestone-Payment

If you were not officially hired with an Upwork contract, then he doesn't need to pay you. In fact, there is no way for him to pay you.

Based on the wording in your post, you sound like you are not very familiar with how Upwork works. But you have completed 84 jobs already.

It is not clear to me why you don't already know what to do in a situation like this. Do you have any other questions?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths