🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How do I start an hourly contract and what's ...
Page options
uwaetinosa
Community Member

How do I start an hourly contract and what's the difference with weekly billing?

Hi, this is my first time doing an hourly job.

I know I have to download the time tracking desktop app, then what next after that?

Also about the payment system, from what I understand, I'll get access to the funds in the third week. Is this different from the weekly billing cycle or it's the same? I'm a little confused there.

3 REPLIES 3
louisaj
Community Member

If you have an active contract, then when you open the desktop tracking app, you will see that active contract and you click on it and can start tracking while you work. You can add what you are working on into the project box too. This is helpful in case of any future disputes. 

As for billing, the hourly contract week is Monday to Sunday. You get the funds 10 days from the end of the week, which always falls on a Wednesday.

Example. You work on your project tomorrow, (Monday Nov 4). You get the funds on Wednesday Nov 20. Then you can withdraw them to your chosen bank account/paypal, and so on. Same if you work on your project any day from tomorrow until Sunday 10, you will get the funds for that week on Nov 20. 

Hope that helps. 

robin_hyman
Community Member

After you download the app:

Log your time:

1. Open the Upwork Desktop App
  2. Choose a contract
  3. Toggle the tracker's On/Off switch to ON
  4. Enter a memo and/or activity (remember to do this as it will help you win in case there is a dispute

Read more here

Robin H wrote:

Enter a memo and/or activity (remember to do this as it will help you win in case there is a dispute

Simple rule: dispute + no memo = no pay

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members