🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How do I submit a Support Request? Have I bee...
Page options
danielgrad
Community Member

How do I submit a Support Request? Have I been shadowbanned?

Hi,

I'd like to create a support request, but all I've found is this support page with only an option to talk to a chatbot, which does the same thing as the search function at the main page.

How do I submit a request to an actual person, who could check my account's issue?

Another question related to this - is there some proposals submission limit?

I've sent 9 yesterday, I still have contacts remaining, but when I click the "Submit a Proposal" utton, it keeps loading indefinitely.

Have I been shadowbanned?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
yofazza
Community Member

It's currently having problem:

https://status.upwork.com/

I currently have problems doing things not mentioned there.

Loading indefinitely doesn't sound intentional

is there some proposals submission limit?

Yes but I don't believe it's the case.

How do I submit a request to an actual person

I wouldn't depend too much on it. They looked busy with many people complaining about slow or no response. You'll get response from a mod here faster, which most likely will tell or help you to create a support ticket.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
yofazza
Community Member

It's currently having problem:

https://status.upwork.com/

I currently have problems doing things not mentioned there.

Loading indefinitely doesn't sound intentional

is there some proposals submission limit?

Yes but I don't believe it's the case.

How do I submit a request to an actual person

I wouldn't depend too much on it. They looked busy with many people complaining about slow or no response. You'll get response from a mod here faster, which most likely will tell or help you to create a support ticket.

I've seen that status page as well. 

Since you have some unmentioned issues also, then I feel kind of calmer.

Thanks!

yofazza
Community Member

It persists and clearing things I can clear didn't work., although status page says everythings are up.

SInce you don't have a problem I assume it's really fixed, and wait.

Wanted to report to the proper channel by clicking report in the error page, opens the FAQ page -_-

Hi Radia,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
yofazza
Community Member

It's been more than 3 hours I can't open the My Jobs page.

JoanneP

Hi Daniel,

I am sorry you're experiencing issues contacting support. Our customer support team is creating a personalized experience to better assist all Upwork platform users via the chatbot. The more you interact with the chatbot, the more custom responses you’ll receive.

A quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner in the Upwork Help. You will be asked what type of account you need help with and to describe your issue or questions. Please select the best option for your situation. If you’d like to speak to an agent, you can request that via the chatbot. If you have some general questions about using Upwork or are looking for advice, feel free to post here in the Community.
~ Joanne
Upwork
Anonymous-User
Not applicable

Are you serious?

The chatbot is useless.

I asked it earlier it spun me around in circles.

Come on get this stuff sorted out, lots of things falling down and all you moderators are doing is talking rubbish about chatbots.

Get it fixed.

Unable to upload certain pictures for no reason.

Unable to apply to jobs, error code, spoke to chatbot, useless..

759e32fa

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Through the chatbot that you've mentioned, the bot will first find relevant articles based on your concern but if after a few tries, you still don't get a resolution, an option to "contact support" will pop up. Alternatively, you can type in "contact support" in order to create a support ticket. The chatbot will then close but the ticket would be created and one of the agents will pick it up from the queue. The response time could be anywhere between 24-48 hours depending on the volume of requests we're getting.

As for submitting proposals, I was not able to replicate the issue that you're having. Please try clearing your cache and cookies. Let us know if the issue persists.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Annie,

Your suggestion (last para) doesn't work.

I tried reaching support yesterday via the chatbot. It cut me off with a "How was our response?" rating box. No support ticket or request was raised.

I came to the forum and posted it in the freelancer discussion, as I wanted to know if any one else had their job history doing the disappearing act.

I posted the query to the support group as suggested by a fellow member.

The irony of it all was one of your moderators deleted my support query and sent me a warning message about banning me for spamming the forum!

Thankfully that particular bug seems to have affected a lot of accounts and everything is back to normal today.

Best,

Rekha

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members