🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: How do I submit a draft under a Fixed Pri...
Page options
etech254
Community Member

How do I submit a draft under a Fixed Price contract

Hello 

i just got a contract with fixed price which is funded with only one active milestone, however i need to send a draft to the client before the final copy of the work. How do i go about it?

thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

For many, it can be a good idea to attach files with the Submit Work / Request Payment button.

But Upwork does not actually care how you submit work. Dropbox. Email.  UPS. FTP. Whatever works for you and the client is fine.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
yitwail
Community Member

Dave, you can click the attachment (paperclip) icon in messaging to upload a file, along with a message notifying the client that you're sending him a draft. When you hover over it, the icon turns green, like this:

Screen Shot 2020-02-25 at 9.26.55 AM.png

Or by e-mail if you have their e-mail.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
prestonhunter
Community Member

For many, it can be a good idea to attach files with the Submit Work / Request Payment button.

But Upwork does not actually care how you submit work. Dropbox. Email.  UPS. FTP. Whatever works for you and the client is fine.

bilal1983
Community Member

Hey Preston,

I understand that it does not matter how one submits the work for fixed-price contracts.

In my case, it has been like I complete the work, for e.g. creating a WordPress page on clients website, and completing a data entry task on a shared Google Sheet (The client automatically gets the work). 

I notify him on Upwork chat. He checks it and then closes the milestone and pays me. 

I read a number of community gurus mention in the forum that freelancers should use the submit work option to safeguard themselves from clients who can cancel the contract and I read that if a freelancer has submitted work they are forced to either pay or ask for revision. 

How can I submit work for tasks that cannot be submiited through Upwork.

re: "How can I submit work for tasks that cannot be submiited through Upwork."

However you want. It doesn't matter.

The attachment is irrelevant. Upwork Is not going to look at it.

The "Submit work for payment" button is what matters,

You use THAT button no matter what.

Wordpress. Set up Linux server. Walk someone's dog. Install a radiator. It doesn't matter. Just use that Submit button.

I use the Submit button every time. Might notify them at all via chat. The Submit button starts the countdown clock toward getting paid automatically. The notification via chat does nothing.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths