🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How do I use my instant pay option?
Page options
bookcoverdesign
Community Member

How do I use my instant pay option?

I have set up my instant pay option. I'm pretty sure that was 3 days ago and my profile says the instant pay is set up but I don't see a way to actually use it. My funds are still locked in that "pending" hold. How does one go about actually using the instant pay option?

4 REPLIES 4
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Gary Val,

I checked this for you and your Instant payment method is currently active.

Once your payment method becomes active, you'll be able to withdraw the available funds from your Upwork account to your payment method by using the Get Paid Now button under the Available tab or by going to your Settings> Get Paid and click Get Paid Now. 

When a client releases a milestone payment, it goes through a 5-day security period, and will show under the Pending tab of your Overview page (Reports > Overview). During the 5-day security period, it gives the system time to process and clear the payments. Please read this article for more information about Fixed-Price Protection. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hmm... Well, if I have to wait until the funds are out of "pending" and moved into "Available Now" then what's the point of the "Instant Pay"? When the funds are in "Available Now" status I just click that and the funds get transferred to my bank anyway. So what's the difference? I don't get it.

Hi Gary, 

I would like to clarify that regardless of your payment method (Direct to Local Bank, Paypal, Payoneer, Instant Pay, ACH-withdrawal) your earnings will need to be available in your Upwork account before you can withdraw to any payment method. 

You may read more about Instant Pay here.

~ Avery
Upwork

The security hold on pending funds must pass before you can use "Instant Pay." Most banks take a few days to transfer the available funds to your account once you have withdrawn them. "Instant Pay" lets you cut that transfer time down to minutes.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths