🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How do i close a project with mutual consent ...
Page options
mredprints
Community Member

How do i close a project with mutual consent of my client and get compensated for time loss

Hello, great community.

Please, I recently joined Upwork, and I have had it right with clients so far until now. I am currently working for a client on an EBook project. Halfway down the project, I sent to him a sample manuscript to view and revise before initiating the submit project button. He has already deposited a fixed amount into escrow, before commencing the project. This was was his response

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Adeoluwa A wrote:

so you are advising me not to  initiate the submit the project button but my client should do that right Petra?

Unless you have agreed on an amount (in which case you could just edit your submission amount to that) that is right. Failing that, you could just submit and request payment based on what you think the work the client can't use is worth. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
petra_r
Community Member

Adeoluwa A wrote:

alfway down the project, I sent to him a sample manuscript to view and revise before initiating the submit project button. He has already deposited a fixed amount into escrow, before commencing the project. This was was his response

Simply thank the client and agree to the suggestion.

Let the client suggest an amount to compensate you. The client is being kind and is telling you they will pay you for work they can't use.

Yes, Petra I have already thanked him. He asked me how much I want as compensation, but I humbly declined and asked him to compensate me for what he can afford in this situation. The problem is that   I don't know how to go about closing the project. Should it be him or me, and how will he also approve the compensation amount since, naturally, it won't be up to the amount in escrow?

We both don't know how to go about that Petra.

Please enlightening me

Adeoluwa A wrote:

Should it be him or me, and how will he also approve the compensation amount since, naturally, it won't be up to the amount in escrow?

It should be him. If you close it, all the money in Escrow will go back to the client.

The client can click to pay, then edit the value to what he things is fair for work he can't use.

Was the client a native English speaker?

Yes, Petra. I believe he is an English speaker given is high command of the English language.

so you are advising me not to  initiate the submit the project button but my client should do that right Petra?

Adeoluwa A wrote:

Unless you have agreed on an amount (in which case you could just edit your submission amount to that) that is right. Failing that, you could just submit and request payment based on what you think the work the client can't use is worth. 

Thank you Petra.. You have always been my saving grace when it comes to Upwork.

Many thanks

Also will my client be able to leave public feedback even with this arrangement Petra?

Adeoluwa A wrote:

Also will my client be able to leave public feedback even with this arrangement Petra?

Yes. Once any money was paid, the client can leave public feedback.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members