🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How do i get free connect?
Page options
b390a0d2
Community Member

How do i get free connect?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
aoussie
Community Member

Hello Luigi,
Had a question. I applied for a job and the job got closed without the client hiring anyone. I did not get any refund of connets as yet. Can you please shed some light on this matter.
Thank you,

Aoussie.

View solution in original post

59 REPLIES 59
arifzilane
Community Member

Hi Azharul, 

You get monthly 10 free connects from Upwork. 2nd option is the client interview call. 3rd option is if you have any client whom you applied to and then cancel the project. It's the way you'll get free connections. 

Otherwise, you can use paid membership and buy connections separately.

withdraw project still did not get back my connects

Hi Prion,

Thank you for your message. Connects are not refunded when you withdraw your proposals. Check out this help page for more information.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

How do i get free coonect?

Hi Eti,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Here are ways how you can earn free Connects:

• You’ll receive 40 free Connects when you register for Upwork for the first time
  • You’ll receive 30 free Connects if you earn a Rising Talent badge
  • You’ll receive free Connects (the number can vary) when you win an interview with an established client on Upwork. (To prevent gaming, we aren’t sharing all the details of what we consider “established.” In general, it’s a client who has hired and spent on Upwork in the past.)
  • You’ll get a one-time Connects bonus if you complete an Upwork Skill Certification

~ AJ
Upwork

How can I receive  please help me.

Hi Annie, I created my profile today, I received an acceptance email from upwork but I don't have any connects

I have recently created my account on upwork, and i have not received any connects. How do I get connects. 

Hi Sameer,

I can see that the Connects for signing up were already added to your account. You can check them here. To learn more about Connects, please check out this page

~ Joanne
Upwork

Dear Upwork Support Team,

I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out to kindly request a promotional code for free connects, as I am currently in need of additional connects to submit proposals on Upwork.

As a dedicated freelancer on your platform, I truly value the opportunities Upwork provides for connecting with clients and showcasing my skills. However, due to recent circumstances, I find myself in a position where access to additional connects would greatly enhance my ability to pursue projects and contribute to the Upwork community.

I understand that promotional codes for free connects are occasionally offered, and I would be immensely grateful if you could provide me with one. Rest assured, I will utilize these connects responsibly and diligently pursue opportunities that align with my expertise and capabilities.

Thank you very much for considering my request. I sincerely appreciate your assistance and continued support.

Warm regards,

Muhammad Umar

Hi Muhammad,

We don't have any discount codes or promos available at the moment. Thanks for your interest.
~ Luiggi
Upwork

I have canceld a client and didn't get my connects

Hi Seif,

Thank you for your message. If you're referring to withdrawn proposals, please note that Connects used for the proposal will not be credited back to your account. Also, boosted and unboosted proposals that are withdrawn are removed from the client’s list so they can no longer see them. If you withdraw a boosted proposal, you can’t submit it again (with or without boosting) and you will still be charged as if you had not withdrawn.

Additionally, since you're a freelancer your profile picture has to accurately represent who you are, it obviously shouldn't be a photo of a place, a design, or object, or someone or something else (also, misrepresenting who you are, goes against our Terms of Service.) Feel free to check this help article for more details on how to choose a good profile picture.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Thanks, will apply what you've said

JoanneP

Hi Azharul Islam,

You can earn Connects under the following conditions:

• Register for the first time. You’ll receive 40 Connects to get started. When you complete the Upwork Readiness Test, you’ll receive another 40 Connects — that's 80 FREE Connects!
  • Win an interview. When you submit a proposal to a client, win an interview, and reply, you’ll get a bonus of 10 Connects. You can earn up to 50 Connects every seven days.
  • Complete an Upwork Skill Certification. If you earn an Upwork Skill Certification, you’ll enjoy a one-time Connects bonus.
  • Earn a badge. If you qualify for an Upwork Talent Badge, you may receive bonus Connects with it!

I'd suggest that you please read this help article to understand how you can use and earn Connects. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
2826e0ea
Community Member

Where to register?

Hi Aurang,

Could you please clarify your question further?

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
8f3f367b
Community Member

Unfortunately, Remove Upwork Readiness Test for new Freelancers

hi

5e4d60eb
Community Member

Can you explain about connects when we win an interview. Does it have to be a video/audio interview or just replying to the client's DM count?

98ae3c04
Community Member

I have spoken to customers, but the connections have not been provided to me, what should I do?

Hi Samet,

It looks like you're responding to an old post. We are no longer awarding free Connects for every interview won or disclosing the number of Connects rewarded in these cases. Unfortunately, we learned from our community that some dishonest customers were gaming the system to get free Connects they didn’t deserve. We occasionally may still give out different amounts of Connects based on factors like the number of jobs available in the marketplace. 

For more information, please see this Product Update. You can check your Connects History here.

~ AJ
Upwork

I am sorry sir, I have been seeing such posts in the forum.
I was thinking, why don't I get a link?
I can't send bids for jobs because my connection is dead.

Samet K wrote:

I am sorry sir, I have been seeing such posts in the forum.
I was thinking, why don't I get a link?
I can't send bids for jobs because my connection is dead.

What link are you referring to?
If you don't have connections, you will have to buy them or wait for the next cycle to get 10.

Thank you.
I tried to update my profile completely.
Your feedback was very helpful.

i think i saw somewhere that we can earn connects by completing challenges. can you direct me to that page

Hello Hamza,

There is no program that rewards free Connects for completing challenges. Check out this help page to learn more about Connects. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Hamza B. Open your account then click "events" to find event notifications which you can participate so you can earn connects

f3362682
Community Member

Hola

Me han entrevistado tres veces en esta semana y no he recibido mis free connects

¿Qué pasa?

You are given free 10 connects every month. Also when you attend events,
you are given connects😊
5d3885bb
Community Member

Thanks for thanking your time to explain this

db300475
Community Member

Does this still apply in 2024? I haven't received any. 

Hi Ram,

It seems you're responding to an old post. We are no longer awarding free Connects for every interview won or disclosing the number of Connects rewarded in these cases. Unfortunately, we learned from our community that some dishonest customers were gaming the system to get free Connects they didn’t deserve. 

For more information, please see this Product Update. You can check your Connects History here.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
db300475
Community Member

Thank you for your reply. Does monthly 10 connects still apply? As well as new members sing up bonus?

Hi Ram,

Yes! Monthly Free Connects are given out each month on the first day of your billing cycle. New members will also receive 50 free Connects within 48 hours after creating an Upwork profile for the first time. You may visit this help article to learn more about how Connects works. Best of luck!

~ Arjay
Upwork
db9022c7
Community Member

i dont have free connect for my register for first time, why?

Hi Cahyoady,

Thank you for your message. I see that this account is already closed now.

- Pradeep

Upwork
08889d7a
Community Member

I buy this membership plus but when this plus expired then I am using this connection. I want to know, membership connect is the limit one month or no limit kindly response 

Hi Rubel,

Thank you for your message. When you upgrade to a Freelancer Plus plan for $14.99 USD a month. If you're referring to the expiration of Connects, they expire one year from the date of issue. However, you can only roll over 200 Connects per billing cycle (agencies can roll over as many as 400). Feel free to check this help article for more details when upgrading your plan to Freelancer Plus.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths