🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How do screenshots work? How to set them up w...
Page options
byandrewsdesign
Community Member

How do screenshots work? How to set them up with the app?

Hey all, 

I'm new to the program. Just installed the upwork app and looked through the settings. I see that screenshots can be automatically taken. I assume that's required for the terms of service on hourly projects.

Anyways, I'm wondering how to setup the screenshots so I'm ready to go. I see that there's an OBS virtual camera in the app. but when I test it in any resolution, I don't see my screen. I see an OBS/ no footage screen.

Do I have to have an active project to set this up?
Can you take manual screenshots instead so you can avoid sensitive information like passwords being shown?
Do I need to setup OBS somehow?

Let me know if you can

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Andrew L wrote:

Yes.

Andrew L wrote:

Can you take manual screenshots instead so you can avoid sensitive information like passwords being shown?

No.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Andrew L wrote:

Yes.

Andrew L wrote:

No.

re: "Can you take manual screenshots instead so you can avoid sensitive information like passwords being shown?"

If I have a screen open that has sensitive information on it such as passwords...

I don't necessarily need to worry. Is this the client's project? Is this a password for the client? The only person who will see this screenshot is the client. What kind of information is this? Is this just his blog with travel tips that he posts publicly? Maybe I can change the password. Maybe I don't care if he can see his own password that I have already provided to him.

BUT: sometimes I may not want that screenshot to remain. That is okay. EVERY TIME the program takes a screenshot, there is a sound. And the screenshot is shown in mini view in the corner of the screen. Is this a screenshot I want to delete? I can click on the link to the work diary, and then I can delete the screenshot immediately. I can even STOP the time-tracker and then start it again, and it will take another screenshot soon thereafter.

thanks Preston!
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths