🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: How do two people who own the same freela...
Page options
eriknachtrieb
Community Member

How do two people who own the same freelance business create two separate profiles?

Hi, I am rather new to Upwork. We operate a two-person freelance video and editing company. I have a profile on Upwork and we would now like to create a profile for my business partner. How do we do this if we share the same business name, bank account, business address, and company email? We would like to set each of us up in a profile and then create an agency to invite others we work with to our agency. All others besides us would be from different freelance businesses, so the issue is only with myself and my partner.

Thank you for your help.

8 REPLIES 8
joynul33
Community Member

You should need a different identity for the different freelance profile.

Joynul
JoanneP

Hi Erik,

You will need to create separate freelancer profiles as you cannot share one account. You can invite your partner to be a member of your agency so that you can maintain one agency account if that's what you prefer. If you need further help or have some questions, please let us know. We're always here to help.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Joanne Marie P wrote:

Hi Erik,

You will need to create separate freelancer profiles as you cannot share one account. 

It looks like that's exactly what Erik wants to/was asking how to do. It sounds like he's already attached his account to company name/bank account that is also where his partner accepts payments, and so is concerned about the logistics of his partner setting up the separate account.

Tiffany, That is correct. I have our company information is linked to me, if my business partner sets up a separate profile, what company and bank account does she link to? Since we are both freelancing and only have one business, and one business bank account.

I understand we have to have separate accounts, however, I have our company information linked to me if my business partner sets up a separate profile, what company and bank account does she link to? Since we are both freelancing and only have one business, and one business bank account.

Hi Erik,

You can add your business partner to your agency as admin. As for your concern with the withdrawal method, if its under the company name then you can both add it given that both your names are listed and are authorized to withdraw. If the bank account is a personal account, then only the person whose name is listed can add it unless it's a joint account. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

At Joanne, Thank you. So, to make sure I have this correct...

1. I have an existing freelancer profile for me personally ($10/month)
  2. Add my business partner to Upwork with her own freelancer profile ($10/month). We use our company business banking information for her profile as well, because she is authorized to withdrawal. 
  3. I create an Agency and invite her to the agency and make her an admin. ($20/month)

We will both then be able to pursue freelance work on Upwork individually and use the same bank account information so her and my payment methods go to the same account. 

Does this sound correct?

Erik N wrote:

At Joanne, Thank you. So, to make sure I have this correct...

1. I have an existing freelancer profile for me personally ($10/month)
  2. Add my business partner to Upwork with her own freelancer profile ($10/month). We use our company business banking information for her profile as well, because she is authorized to withdrawal. 
  3. I create an Agency and invite her to the agency and make her an admin. ($20/month)

We will both then be able to pursue freelance work on Upwork individually and use the same bank account information so her and my payment methods go to the same account. 

Does this sound correct?

Neither of you "need" the "$ 10 a month" option unless you want to (remember that goes up to $ 14.99 when paid connects come in shortly) 

Other than that sounds about right.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths