cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do we see the bids made by the other freelancers?

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
21 of 24

Sergio S wrote:

Interesting discussion.

When I started in March 2016 the feature to see every bid was still there. You had to roll over the pointer over "Proposals" and a pop-up would show the bids. You were able to see every freelancer, country, etc. even before applying I believe.

Still that late? I was sure it went away earlier Smiley Happy

florydev
Community Guru
Mark F Member Since: Jul 10, 2018
22 of 24

Petra R wrote:

Will L wrote:

It is to Upwork's advantage that freelancers maximize their pricing.

Correct. This is why competitor bids are no longer shown.

Will L wrote:

So, it isn't obvious why Upwork doesn't provide this more detailed pricing information.

Upwork's predecessor (which was oDesk, not Elance. Elance was gobbled up by oDesk when it went down the drain) discontinued showing competitor bids after extensive trials which showed that on average, freelancers who saw the competitor bids bid lower than those who did not and projects where the freelancers were able to see the competitor bids were awarded at lower hourly rates and lower fixed rate prices. That was in 2012 or 2013.

You must be this Petra person that Will spoke of.

I really think another key factor to success on being a FL here or anywhere is pretty much holding the line on rate.  Lowering your rate should be a dramatic and well thought out decision and should be tied into your ability to find work at that rate, not based on what other desperate whackjobs are willing to do it for.

To me rate is a dramatically personal thing and it really comes down to your ability to defend it.

sujohn_din
Md M Member Since: May 21, 2021
23 of 24

This ia a kind of fraud. Because before upgrading the membership upwork has said we can see the individual bid price but unfortunately it's not getting.

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
24 of 24

Hi Md,

I checked this for you and was not able to replicate the issue you're describing. All the Job Postings from your profile have bid ranges. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue?

Please note that the ranges won't display if there are less than three bids on the job. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS