cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you add money to your remaining balance?

Highlighted
Masashi M Member Since: Mar 7, 2017
1 of 25

Hi,

I'm trying refund some money back to a client. I understand the usual way is to simply pay it back from the remaining balance.

However, I already withdrew those funds from the account.

So, how do I add to the remaining balance from a debit card? I've tried to everywhere for some kind of "add money to remaining balance" button, but I don't see it.

Thanks,

Steve

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 25

@Masashi M wrote:

Hi,

I'm trying refund some money back to a client. I understand the usual way is to simply pay it back from the remaining balance.

However, I already withdrew those funds from the account.

The only way is to contact support and arrange for a PayPal payment. Not debit card etc, PayPal.

Highlighted
3 of 25

Hi Petra,

Do you have an email address or link for Upwork support? 

When I click on the Upwork help/support button on both Google Chrome and firefox, it bounces me somewhere else.

Thanks,

Steve

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
4 of 25

Hi Masashi,

A team member will reach out to you shortly and assist you with your concern.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
5 of 25

Hi,

I still haven't been contacted by Upwork after the initial contact. It's absolutely essential that I refund the money because I promised my client that I would do it by last week.

Highlighted
6 of 25

Hi Masashi,

I followed up and see that the team reached out to you on March 7 and you should have been notified via the email address you have registered with your account. Unfortunately, I also discovered that same email address is registered with a different account, which is against Upwork ToS. We'll follow up with you about it directly.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
7 of 25

Hi,

I've sent two emails detailing a payment I made from Paypal into my Upwork account. Unfortunately I have not received a response whatsoever. And this was about 3 weeks ago. My Paypal account says that the payment has been made, but that amount has not been credited to my Upwork account.

Thank you for your help.

Highlighted
8 of 25

Masashi,

It looks like the money you sent from your PayPal account were deposited on your Upwork account on March 14 and you issued a refund to your client after that. Also, the team reached out to you via a support ticket about this back in March. Are you referring to a different refund?

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
9 of 25

Hi Valerie,

Yes, it's a different refund. I made another payment of $125 on April 17th. The payment was from a CapOne 360 account via PayPal. The $125 was deducted from the CapOne 360 account, but I haven't received any response from Upwork whatsoever.

Thanks,

Masashi
Highlighted
Rinku S Member Since: Oct 13, 2017
10 of 25

I'm facing the same problem here I would like to refund some money to one of my client but my current balance is zero and don't know how to add money to my account.
I've already added the paypal and credit card but still there is no menu to add the money or whatsoever.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS