chikuse

How do you delete hours?

I'm having two hourly paid jobs going on. I forgot to switch teams just now and billed some hours to the wrong client. How do I delete that? Thanks!
11 REPLIES 11
mistykeith

Go to the work diary of the client where you accidentally billed. You place check marks by clicking the mouse in the corner of the screen shot you wish to delete. Do that for as many as you need to delete. You then go to the delete button, click delete and they are taken away. Now, you might want to talk to the client you meant to bill and explain the situation so you might get manual time.

Thanks for your help:) Now done. I've also sent a mail to the client that I've accidentally billed, just in case he has already seen those screenshots:P Such a stupid mistake:P

Hi

I am not getting the delete option even after selecting the screen shots. Any suggestion please 

Hi Imran,

Note that you can only delete screenshots for this work week currently and you have until Monday 11:59 a.m. UTC to do so.

~ Valeria
Upwork

So, is there another solution beside giving the refund?

khan_riya

I'm having two hourly paid jobs going on. I forgot to switch teams just now and billed some hours to the wrong client. How do I delete that? Thanks!

you can only delete hours for the current week, and only on contracts that are still open.... NOT on ended contracts.

Go to the work diary, select the screenshots you want to delete, and click on delete

I've worked 6.10 hours. My client narrow mind. 4 hours he would return the money. My contact ended. please hel pme

Can you explain, in plain English what happened and what you need to know?

Hi Riya,

Since the contract was ended, you will not be able to remove screenshots from your Work Diary. However, you will be able to issue a refund to the client from the Contract Details page. Otherwise, he can dispute the hours you logged. Please, communicate with the client to come to a mutual agreement about how to proceed.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi! Is it possible to delete hours tracked this week on paused contract? I can't find delete button. My customer paused the contract because I tracked the time while I did some corrections in layout.