cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you get paid in Nigeria? Paypal does not work for receiving money

Ifeanyi O Member Since: Jan 28, 2016
1 of 20

Hello dear community,

Please can anyone suggest a method of receiving payments in Nigeria? Paypal does not work for receiving money.

Thanks.

Regards,

Ifeanyi

Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
2 of 20
I have a similar problem with Paypal in Mozambique, so I have to use the international wire transfer method.

Unfortunately, this means that you get charged $30 for each transfer.
Community Guru
Daniel P Member Since: Aug 15, 2014
3 of 20

@Isabelle Anne A wrote:

Unfortunately, this means that you get charged $30 for each transfer.

Really? Upwork actually charges you to have your own earnings paid into your bank account? That just doesn't sit well.

Ifeanyi O Member Since: Jan 28, 2016
4 of 20

Hi Isabella,

Thanks for your response. Check out payoneer.com. It is a good alternative to Paypal and is good for receiving money in African countries. It is also on the Upwork payment platform. I registered there today and I hope to get my debit card in a month's time.

Regards,

Ifeanyi

Emmanuel I Member Since: Oct 18, 2016
5 of 20

Hi Ifeanyi, how did you finally go about geting you money in Nigeria. did payonee finally made it easy for you to get your money?

please reply

thanks

Emmanuel Igwe

Michael F Member Since: Jan 25, 2017
6 of 20

Hi bro! I'm a Nigerian freelancer working on Upwork and I'd like to ask you a few things about Payoneer..Please let me know if you get this

Kofoworola G Member Since: Oct 30, 2017
7 of 20

Hello,

Payoneer is simple, though it takes $2 to transfer your cash there then you can wait two days or pay $2.50 to get the money in your payoneer account instantly.

You have to register a withdrawal account.

I have a payoneer debit card so my money gets paid really fast and easy.

Feel free to ask me questions.

Best Regards,
Kofo GT
Clifre A Member Since: Oct 3, 2018
8 of 20
Hi, when registering for payoneer do you get charged and also how much would be deducted when you want to get your payoneer card
Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
9 of 20

@Daniel, this is the official reasoning: 

"Upwork charges a $30 fee for each U.S. dollar wire transfer because they are more expensive for Upwork to process than our other payment methods."

@Ifeanyi, thanks I will look into that. I have tried most methods though, and they either don't work in Moz or I need a credit card to use them.

Community Guru
Ramesh K Member Since: Oct 25, 2015
10 of 20
Use Payoneer. They do provide a debit card to withdraw your funds or you can do a local bank transfer too.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS