🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How do you leave private feedback for a clien...
Page options
hedy_w
Community Member

How do you leave private feedback for a client

I left the public feedback after the contract ended.  How do you leave private feedback for the client? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Hedy,

If you have already submitted your feedback on a contract, you will need to request your client to enable the change feedback option on the contract. Please note that this option can only allow freelancers to change public feedback. Private feedback remains on file, and cannot be edited.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
nahidhasan771
Community Member

I think giving private feedback that is only for clients. 

I thought they said somewhere on here you can leave private feedback for clients. 

This article will helpfull for you to know more information. Thanks 👇

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211068438-Give-Feedback

I think that's for public feedback.  I thought there was a private feedback section unless someone gave the wrong information.  Thank you. 

Sorry! for mistake. When a task is completed well, you can give both private and public feedback to the client. When you gave public feedback, you had to give private feedback first. I think you may not have noticed.

image.png

The private feedback section you showed is by the client for the freelancer.  It said, "This feedback will be kept anonymous and never shared directly with the freelancer."  I want to know if there is the same to be made by the freelancer about the client.  Thank you 

Hi Hedy It's same for freelancers and for clients. Please zoom and see this image. 

IMG_20230102_002849.jpg

I left the public feedback.  Can I still leave private feedback?  I don't know if I saw the private feedback section when I left feedback, but maybe I just didn't notice it. 

Community Member

You can't leave public feedback without leaving private feedback. The page won't let you submit until all fields are filled.

hedy_w
Community Member

I do remember that section, but it doesn't look like there is a place to write anything or maybe it just doesn't show on here. 

bobafett999
Community Member

Why are you so much hung up on leaving private feedback?  Just say whatever you think the buyer deserves.  You may help othe freelancers. 

They left me good public feedback and if I leave bad public feedback, they might do the same to me.  I know they left bad private feedback which affected my score.  I'm more hung up on the fact that clients are allowed to leave bad private feedback without any proof and it can affect your score.  

Community Member

Feedback is double-blind. Neither party will see the other's public feedback until after both have submitted their feedback or 14 days have passed since the contract was closed. Then you can respond to the public feedback you received.

hedy_w
Community Member

It was the private feedback that is the problem.  The public feedback is good. 

Hi Hedy,

If you have already submitted your feedback on a contract, you will need to request your client to enable the change feedback option on the contract. Please note that this option can only allow freelancers to change public feedback. Private feedback remains on file, and cannot be edited.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths