Did you mean: 

Re: How do you report a scam on here?

ea71f607
Sara A Member Since: Oct 12, 2020
21 of 45
dont waste your time; I lost $350; UpWork just paid the 'architect' I got
nothing; must all be in it together... would never use them again!!! they
tie you up in emails from 100's of different UpWork people... all saying
they want to help but do nothing.. agree a scam for sure... sorry!!
28763ac4
Javier S Member Since: Apr 1, 2020
22 of 45

How do we open tickets?

jr-translation
Community Guru
Jennifer R Member Since: Sep 15, 2017
23 of 45

Javier S wrote:

How do we open tickets?

When you go to the message and hover over the time on the right you will see a small cogwheel. Click on it and select "Report message".

qqsolutions
Community Guru
Muhammad Saif U Member Since: Oct 18, 2015
24 of 45

We must keep reporting such clients to upwork immediately. It is responsibility for all of us to make the upwork as much scam free as possible by continous discouraging such clients.

sdunkel
Ace Contributor
Stephen D Member Since: Aug 25, 2015
25 of 45

The link is in the upper right corner of the job posting, not on the application page. However, whoever processes those flags here apparently does not care. Neither does Upwork, otherwise they would provide an option to explain, so that even the most stupid is able to understand why you flagged it.

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
26 of 45

Hi Stephen, 

I would just like to clarify that when you click on the option to flag a job post as inappropriate, you will then be prompted to tick-off any of the options shown below so that the team receiving these flags can action on the job post and the client's account accordingly. 

Screen Shot 2016-06-29 at 12.17.29 PM.png

~ Avery
Upwork
parnikagupta123
Parnika G Member Since: Aug 24, 2017
27 of 45

I also suffered a scam on the site . I was offered the job and they asked me about my bank details and stuff. They asked me to do the work for a week and then they will provide me with some pro details but they never replied back. I mailed them a 100 times it has been like 10 days now and I didn't receive any further info from them. I need the money is there a way that I can get the money as well not just reporting them and blocking them from upwork I would want to get my money as well. I think upwork has contact details of the clients and must have verified them I want to contact them or else I will have to file a complaint and that will be a whole new level for me right now. I am in urgent need of money.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
28 of 45

@Parnika G wrote:

is there a way that I can get the money

No way at all.

You worked without a contract. Nothing anyone can do.
kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
29 of 45

Hi Parnika,

I checked and the team has already taken actions against the job and the client's account you are referring to. You'll see that the interview has already been archived.

Please, make sure you don't do any work for a client until they hire you for a contract on Upwork and only accept payments on the platform.

~ Valeria
Upwork
bbzfreelancer
banafsheh z Member Since: Aug 10, 2018
30 of 45

Dear Valeria

Would you please guide me about the contract on upwork.

what is that and when i should make a contract with clients. please tell me the whole process after a client accept me for a project or position. 

also about the payment process. 

thanks for your kindness.

Banafshe

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS