cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you report a scam on here?

Highlighted
Diamond D Member Since: Jun 27, 2016
1 of 33

Today I was offered $27 an hour for 15 hours of work weekly for medical billing for Integrated Health Solutions. They asked five questions before determining I would be hired. What bank I use was one of them. Upon asking for my address before being hired I told them I would wait to disclose personal information until after receiving further information regarding the position. They were to provide all of the office equipment (at this point I'm leery.) Said they were going to send me a check. I take that check. I cash that check. I then send the check to the woman that will be purchasing my office equipment. I asked why don't they just send the equipment... the reply was to gain trust between employee and the company. The idea was that if I took the money and ran, I couldn't be trusted. But that if I sent it back.. there was trust built. The man kept referring to "head department" when I asked a question. I asked to speak with said "head department" and they replied with "head department doesn't work that way." I proceeded to decline job and told them I would leave review on website of potential fraudulent company. Two men I talked to on google hangouts: ** Edited for Community Guidelines **I just want to know how to report them. I have been so desperate for extra money since my husband got laid off... this was just an absolute let down. 

Highlighted
Tammy M Member Since: Jun 27, 2016
2 of 33

I had almost the exact interview this morning but it was with Harvest Bay... they have an actual website and are on Facebook as well, but something niggled in the back of my head saying this is a scam.  Unfortunately, it's the second interview I've had and the second scam as well.  I don't know what else to do.  

Highlighted
Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
3 of 33

You don't do anything - the jobs are scams and need to be reported.

Please do a search in the forums for a wealth of information about this topic and what you need to do to report such clients..

As soon as they start asking questions like that? SHUT IT DOWN.

Just type in the work "Scam" in the search box and you'll find plenty of help, like this thread:

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Scam/m-p/178178#M101880

Highlighted
Diamond D Member Since: Jun 27, 2016
4 of 33

I googled regarding reporting fraud on upwork and I tried to do a search within our forums here. I know it says that you are supposed to have a link to mark it as inppropriate.. I don't have that link near this job posting. Just do not want anyone else to be fooled by this "company." 

Highlighted
Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
5 of 33

Hi Diamond,

If you are no longer able to access the job post to flag it, you can open a ticket with CS and give them the client's information so that they can take necessary action on the account.

-Lena

Untitled
Highlighted
Rachel D Member Since: Jun 18, 2018
6 of 33

How do you report a ticket? Every time I try, the website just sends me to open a new forum topic and I want to contact someone directly.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Ryan C Member Since: Feb 3, 2017
7 of 33

Hello Rachel,

You can send me a PM about your concern and I'll be more glad to assist you. To send me a PM, simply click my name above and then click the send message button. Thank you!

Untitled
Highlighted
Jamie B Member Since: Oct 30, 2018
8 of 33

I'm unable to find a link that allows me to flag the following post as a scam: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

The poster purports to be "**Edited for Community Guidelines**" of **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
9 of 33

Hi Jamie,

Just to confirm that he job post you are referring to was already removed and client's account addressed for violating Upwork ToS. You can also flag the job post directly from the posting itself by clicking on the green text "Flag as inappropriate" that is under the Save Job button. Thank you.

Capture.PNG

Untitled
Highlighted
Taryn S Member Since: Jan 21, 2019
10 of 33

Hi Ryan,

I recently also had an encounter with a scammer. Could you direct me on how to open a ticket to report them as the job post is no longer available for flagging.

Thanks,

Taryn 

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS