cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you upload MP3 voice files for voice over jobs?

lisaborland77
Active

Hi

I was applying for my first project for a voice over job. I completed my proposal as usual, but when I attempted to upload my voice MP3 file, I was unable to do so.

The file was less than 5mb. Does the Upwork system allow you to upload a voice file on a proposal?

I'm trying to figure out how the potential client can get access to my file so that I can be interviewed for the job,

Thanks

Lisa Borland

9 REPLIES 9
farrah-felice
Active

Try making it a compress file like .rar file. Send it and hope it works.

vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Lisa,

I'm sorry you are experiencing issues uploading this file. Please try to upload the file after clearing your browser's cache and cookies, and also using a different browser. If the issue persists please check in with Customer Support and share the file you're trying to upload.

Untitled

Hello Vladimir,

I recently joined Upwork and look forward to providing quality voice over services.   However,  I am unable to locate exactly where do I upload my mp3 on my web page for others to hear. Can you please advise where do I start from?

Many thanks,

Tom

vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tom, we're really excited to have you on Upwork!

Please follow the steps shared in this Help article in order to upload samples to your profile Portfolio, and have them on display for prospective clients. 

Also, I'd strongly advise you to review the freelancer resources we compiled in this thread, in order to get up to speed with different features and processes you'll be using and have available on Upwork.

Untitled

Hello Vladamir,

Thanks very much for your feedback I much apprecaite your assitance.  Since yesterday I have reviewed more parts of the Upwork web site.  With that additional review of Upwork I of course have more questions.  Woyld you recommend  I email Upwork customer support or post my additional questions in a specific Discussion page of this web site?

Thanks agin,

Tom

Tom,

If you have an general questions or need some advice, you can always post here in the Community and we'll be happy to help.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Thanks Valeria,

I appreciate your feedback.  Yes I would appreciate if the following questions couild please be addressed.

1. Hourly- Intermediate ($$)  Time: Less than 1 week, 10-30 hrs/week.

When it comes to proposed payment amount to be issued what does this  $$ mean? Seems rather open end as opposed o the actual amount.

1. If an estimated charge is lower than my fee range can I still make an offer to the client but to be charged upon my rate?

3.   How long do individual advertisements remain on the Upwork web site?

1. What percentage of advertisements come with scripts prior to the job being awarded?

1. If my standard rate is lower than the advertised payment, is the customer higher rate than expected to be paid?

1. What is “connection” feature all about?

1. Is there a way to tell if the potential customer visited offer or my Upwork page site?

1. How can I to contact fellow members of Upwork?

I have noticed that after making a proposal the job ad remains.  When does the advertisement disappear or indicate I have already applied?

Thank you,

Tom

vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tom, 

1. Hourly- Intermediate ($$)  Time: Less than 1 week, 10-30 hrs/week.

When it comes to proposed payment amount to be issued what does this  $$ mean? Seems rather open end as opposed o the actual amount.

This is a tag used to visually mark the Intermediate experience level, which is a preference this client included in their job post. The tag is not directly related to the client's budget or to the rate freelancers include in their proposals.

1. If an estimated charge is lower than my fee range can I still make an offer to the client but to be charged upon my rate?

Yes, you are free to bid a rate you feel is appropriate for the job and discuss payment with the client during the interview, regardless of the tag or any other preference a client included in their job. 

3.   How long do individual advertisements remain on the Upwork web site?

Job posts are closed after 30 days of inactivity.

1. What percentage of advertisements come with scripts prior to the job being awarded?

If you're referring to file attachments and additional information, we don't have that information. You can request more information about the job scope in your proposal and in direct communication with the client, in case they respond to your proposal. 

1. If my standard rate is lower than the advertised payment, is the customer higher rate than expected to be paid?

A rate set in the offer a freelancer received and accepts is the rate that will be paid on the contract. 

1. What is “connection” feature all about?

Connects are tokens used for submitting job proposals. Please check the freelancer resources shared below for more information.

1. Is there a way to tell if the potential customer visited offer or my Upwork page site?

Please note that freelancers submit proposals to job posts. Offers are sent by clients and include the final contract terms discussed during the interview or offered by the client, which freelancers need to review before responding to. 

1. How can I to contact fellow members of Upwork?

You can discuss any Upwork-related topic right here in the Community.

I have noticed that after making a proposal the job ad remains.  When does the advertisement disappear or indicate I have already applied?

A job post can be closed by the client, cancelled by Upwork or expire. If this happens, your proposals will be moved from the active to the archived tab in Find Work > Proposals. Once you submit a proposal, upon reloading the job post page you'll see a note that you've already submitted a proposal for this job.

Please review our freelancer resources which offer a wealth of information about Upwork's features and processes, along with best practice advice. Follow up afterwards if you have any questions.

Untitled
I have attempted to upload an mp3 for a voiceover gig. The file appeared to upload successfully, however when I go back to check on the proposal, I see no indication that there is any file included in the proposal to the client. Is this normal? I apparently have no way of confirming that the MP3 was successfully included in the proposal, or did it not actually upload, and If so, do I meed to withdraw my proposal, and submit another? How can I tell what is the case, and proper course of action?
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS