🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: How does Top Rated status effects on your...
Page options
luka-loncar
Community Member

How does Top Rated status effects on your profile visibility?

Hello everyone, 

This is my third day as a Top rated freelancer. I was so happy to finaly get this badge until now. 

Before getting Top rated status, I was #13 on search for Scrum masters. After I got Top rated status, I wanted to check if that had any positive effect on my position on search, and I got cold showered. I can't find my profile on first 15 pages.... I haven't go beyond that, since I think there is no point to do that at all.

My profiles are (general + 2 specialized):

1. Agile Project Manager 

2. Scrum Master

3. Project Manager - Product Owner (since UpWork doesn't recognise Product Owner as a specialized role)

Can anyone explain to me how this ranking system works, and why I'm not seeing my profile anymore?

Thanks,

LL

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Luka and Iqra,

Just to confirm, freelancers in search results are showed on a rotating basis so that everyone gets a fair chance to be discovered. If you have any additional questions let me know, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
iqraumar
Community Member

Hi

Can you please tell me one thing?

How can i check my rank on upwork search engine as you have mentioned you were on  no. 13. I s there any short way to look at your number or just we have to scroll on pages.. 

and secondaly, is there any way for new freelancer to rank high on search result?

your valuable suggesstions will be highly obliged

Thanks in advance

Hi Iqra, 

That is not one questinon, but it will be a pleasure to answer to all of those. 🙂

1. You just have to type in search freelancers keyword that you want to check your rank uppon. And then scroll trough the results. There is no easy way.

2. SEO optimize your account in every way.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Luka and Iqra,

Just to confirm, freelancers in search results are showed on a rotating basis so that everyone gets a fair chance to be discovered. If you have any additional questions let me know, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks Gorane!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths