cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does a client cancel a refund request?

Community Guru
Dietmar Thomas B Member Since: Aug 11, 2015
1 of 18

I have a client who accidentally pushed the refund button and would like to cancel that request. How can he do that on the client side?

I have never seen that interface and am not knowledgeable enough to advise him.

Please help!

Thanks a lot in advance Smiley Happy

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
2 of 18

Hi Dietmar,

Unfortunately, there's no option to cancel a refund request once it's initiated. You as a freelancer can respond to it and decline by selecting the second option (I do not approve this request and want to file a dispute). This will then be sent to our Dispute Team. Your client will have the option to ask the team to cancel the refund request and close the dispute.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3 of 18

Once you have disputed the return of the escrow funds to the client as explained above the client has the option to accept the dispute and release the funds to you without the whole thing having to be dealt with by the Dispute team.

Much quicker Smiley Happy

Community Guru
Dietmar Thomas B Member Since: Aug 11, 2015
4 of 18

Thank you for your help Petra. You are as usual a fountain of wisdom on the platform. 

Joanne C Member Since: May 1, 2017
5 of 18

I have the same issue as stated however, I don't see anything that allows me to dispute the claim. My client reached out yesterday asking me how to pay me (his funds were in escrow) and I sent him a link to help him. I think he just inadvertently pushed the wrong button. 

Now the entire job is out of my feed. I can't see it anywhere. 

I completed the job and the client was happy. 

Any advice?

- joanne

- I attached screen shots of the messages I received this morning. 

**Edited for Community Guidelines** 

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
6 of 18

Hi Joanne,

It doesn't look like a contract was ever formed with that client. The offer expired before it was ever accepted. You can ask your client to send you another offer and then accept it so the contract is formed and you can start working on the job. More information in this help article. 

~ Valeria
Untitled
Irvin Ryan T Member Since: Dec 22, 2017
7 of 18

i have a refund request on my notification log.  but when i click on it.   nothing happened.   but upwork keeps reminding me of the refund. also client and i communicate outside upwork.   it started asking me to respond the refund bec of inactivity there.

anyway i can remove this refund?  i cant dispute. all it does is reminding me. 

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
8 of 18

Hi Irvin, 

When you click on the refund button, does it lead you to this page? A refund is being requested for this contract because there is money in escrow for the second milestone, and looks like the contract was closed last week. 

Please take note that you only have one day left to respond to this refund request. If you do not respond, the amount in escrow will automatically be refunded back to the client's payment method.  

-Avery
Untitled
ahsan m Member Since: Jan 28, 2019
9 of 18

how to decline client refund request on upwork please i need some help?

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
10 of 18

Hi Ahsan,

You can do this directly from the notification section or by opening the contract under the My Jobs tab. 
 Thank you.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS