cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does a client cancel a refund request?

Community Guru
Dietmar Thomas B Member Since: Aug 11, 2015
11 of 18

Very unfortunate that there is no cancel button for this.

Let me try another approach. What if I refunded this last milestone, would it affect my JSS in any way?

The client told me that he has no problem with me or my finished work and the financial side of the refund is not a problem at all.

I have finished 15 milestones before that and the contract has been fulfilled.

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
BEST ANSWER
12 of 18

Hi Dietmar,

Refunding a Milestone won't affect your Job Success Score.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
13 of 18

This makes no sense, why would you refund?

Community Guru
14 of 18

Petra

Each Milestone was only funded through escrow for $1.50. The client always paid the amount I requested for each package that I delivered. After the job was completed he set up another milestone for whatever reason on his side, to which I answered with an additional article and a letter of gratitude for the contract that was finalized.  Whether I keep the $1.50 or not is really secondary in this case and I just want the contract signed, sealed and delivered with as little headache as possible. I am not going to want any dispute that evolves around $1.50, no matter whether I think it is fair or not of the client to ask for it.

I will just hook it off and move on.

Community Guru
15 of 18

Thank you, Vladimir for this concrete information!

Bon B Member Since: Apr 29, 2017
16 of 18

I accidentally process the give a refund button to my client. it was my first time working here in Upwork.

How can I get back my money or may be cancel the transaction ?

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
17 of 18

@Bon B wrote:

I accidentally process the give a refund button to my client. it was my first time working here in Upwork.

How can I get back my money or may be cancel the transaction ?

What did you think "refund" means?

You can not cancel it. You can ask the client nicely if they would be so kind paying you again, AFTER the funds clear into their Upwork account.

If the client does not, you have learned not to click on things and then go through the process of confirming things without understanding what it is that you are doing.

Dexter S Member Since: Feb 19, 2019
18 of 18

Hi Petra..

I wonder why I have a refund notification but I didn't issued a refund to my client, do you have any idea how this happened? What should I do to get the money back?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS