cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does a client cancel a refund request?

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
11 of 23

Hi Ahsan,

You can do this directly from the notification section or by opening the contract under the My Jobs tab. 
 Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
c3c0652e
Michele C Member Since: Feb 10, 2021
12 of 23

I am a client who didn't realise by 'ending' contract when reason was completed successfully would request refund. My intention was to release the payment. How do I cancel the refund request and pay freelancer instead? 

Many thanks, 

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
13 of 23

Michele C wrote:

I am a client who didn't realise by 'ending' contract when reason was completed successfully would request refund. My intention was to release the payment. How do I cancel the refund request and pay freelancer instead? 

Many thanks, 

The freelancer can initiate a dispute. You are then sent an email with another chance to pay. Go ahead and do that instead of rejecting and starting a dispute. If the dispute is already started, then wait for the mediator  to contact you guys and tell the mediator that you want to pay the freelancer.

c3c0652e
Michele C Member Since: Feb 10, 2021
14 of 23

Thanks Jennifer, appreciate the suggestion. 

ablefreelancer
Community Guru
Dietmar Thomas B Member Since: Aug 11, 2015
15 of 23

Very unfortunate that there is no cancel button for this.

Let me try another approach. What if I refunded this last milestone, would it affect my JSS in any way?

The client told me that he has no problem with me or my finished work and the financial side of the refund is not a problem at all.

I have finished 15 milestones before that and the contract has been fulfilled.

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
BEST ANSWER
16 of 23

Hi Dietmar,

Refunding a Milestone won't affect your Job Success Score.

Untitled

View solution in original post

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
17 of 23

This makes no sense, why would you refund?

ablefreelancer
Community Guru
18 of 23

Petra

Each Milestone was only funded through escrow for $1.50. The client always paid the amount I requested for each package that I delivered. After the job was completed he set up another milestone for whatever reason on his side, to which I answered with an additional article and a letter of gratitude for the contract that was finalized.  Whether I keep the $1.50 or not is really secondary in this case and I just want the contract signed, sealed and delivered with as little headache as possible. I am not going to want any dispute that evolves around $1.50, no matter whether I think it is fair or not of the client to ask for it.

I will just hook it off and move on.

tta192
Community Guru
Andrei T Member Since: Aug 30, 2016
19 of 23

Dietmar Thomas B wrote:

Petra

Each Milestone was only funded through escrow for $1.50. The client always paid the amount I requested for each package that I delivered. After the job was completed he set up another milestone for whatever reason on his side, to which I answered with an additional article and a letter of gratitude for the contract that was finalized.  Whether I keep the $1.50 or not is really secondary in this case and I just want the contract signed, sealed and delivered with as little headache as possible. I am not going to want any dispute that evolves around $1.50, no matter whether I think it is fair or not of the client to ask for it.

I will just hook it off and move on.

How was the payment processed, if not via milestones? 

ablefreelancer
Community Guru
20 of 23

Thank you, Vladimir for this concrete information!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS