Reply
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply

Re: How does a client make a feedback comment private?

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
11 of 45

Goran V wrote:

Just wanted to confirm that our team is investigating this further and is working on resolving it as soon as possible as well. Thank you.


Thanks, but someone must have programmed that function, even if it is currently misbehaving. It didn't program itself and if it was programmed, someone must have devised it and asked for it to be programmed and have had a purpose for it in mind.

 

It is that purpose I am curious about, not so much the fact that it's escaped and gone rogue.

 

What is it, why is it, and when/what is it designed to be used for if it is used as designed?

We know it's clearly not working as designed. We (or I, at least) would like to know what it was designed for.

shashiranaut24
Active Member
Shashi T Member Since: Mar 7, 2016
12 of 45

Even I have noticed this with one pf agency member, where star rating is there but for commect which was showing earlier now it sayd "Client made it private" below is screenshot :

https://prnt.sc/ubai2w

tinker_bell3
Moderator
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
13 of 45

Hi Shashi,

 

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
14 of 45

Joanne Marie P wrote:

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!


Could we also get an answer what this is about in the first place? Obviously some feature is misbehaving, but what feature is it?

 

Can clients "make their comments prvate" or not? If so, under what circumstances?

 

martina_plaschka
Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
15 of 45

Joan S wrote:

Petra - Thank you for your response. The only thing I see from the client is the stars. No other feedback. Sometimes clients have left stars and no feedback in writing but I never saw the comment before about making a comment private. Maybe Upwork has changed something again. They did recently change "this feedback has been removed" to "no feedback given" but never explained that.


Are you sure? This feedback has been removed and no feedback given are 2 completely different things - first one to remove bad feedback, second one when either the client or the freelancer has not left feedback within the 14 days when it's possible to do so. 

joansands
Community Guru
Joan S Member Since: Mar 18, 2019
16 of 45

Martina -

A couple of months ago I used my perk to remove some bad feedback from a difficult client, the first time I did that. So, at first it said "this feedback has been removed." Then they changed the layout of the profile page and then it said "no feedback given." Now it is back to "this feedback has been removed." But I never saw before anything about a comment being made private. I got a message from customer service that they are investigating that. All very mysterious. What I have learned lately is that I have got to be much more picky in choosing who I will agree to work with. I thought I was doing that but am going to be even pickier now.

martina_plaschka
Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
17 of 45

Joan S wrote:

Martina -

A couple of months ago I used my perk to remove some bad feedback from a difficult client, the first time I did that. So, at first it said "this feedback has been removed." Then they changed the layout of the profile page and then it said "no feedback given." Now it is back to "this feedback has been removed." But I never saw before anything about a comment being made private. I got a message from customer service that they are investigating that. All very mysterious. What I have learned lately is that I have got to be much more picky in choosing who I will agree to work with. I thought I was doing that but am going to be even pickier now.


So the being made private was over a previous client feedback? That was not bad, or anything?

joansands
Community Guru
Joan S Member Since: Mar 18, 2019
18 of 45

Martina -

I have a contract that was closed and it has feedback but only stars. There has not ever been written feedback - it just says right under the stars "The client has made this comment private." And I have another recently closed contract with the same thing. I have not heard back from customer service about this but they said earlier today that they are investigating it. At any rate, you can see it on my profile and I don't understand it.

martina_plaschka
Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
19 of 45

Joan S wrote:

Martina -

I have a contract that was closed and it has feedback but only stars. There has not ever been written feedback - it just says right under the stars "The client has made this comment private." And I have another recently closed contract with the same thing. I have not heard back from customer service about this but they said earlier today that they are investigating it. At any rate, you can see it on my profile and I don't understand it.




 


Thanks for clarifying. It seems it appears when no comment was left? Will check my feedback if I see the same. 

I any case, it looks weird on a profile, as if the client said something horrible and later decided to remove it out of the kindness of his heart....

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
20 of 45

Martina P wrote:

Joan S wrote:

There has not ever been written feedback - it just says right under the stars "The client has made this comment private." And I have another recently closed contract with the same thing.


 

Thanks for clarifying. It seems it appears when no comment was left? Will check my feedback if I see the same. 

I've seen quite a few of them now

 

client made this comment private.png

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS