cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How does a client make a feedback comment private?

wescowley
Community Guru
Wes C Member Since: May 3, 2019
21 of 45

Petra R wrote:

I've seen quite a few of them now

client made this comment private.png

The other thing new I'm noticing here, and I've seen this come and go on my profile over the last few days, is that the exact dates are displaying rather than just the month and year.

martina_plaschka
Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
22 of 45

Wes C wrote:

Petra R wrote:

I've seen quite a few of them now

The other thing new I'm noticing here, and I've seen this come and go on my profile over the last few days, is that the exact dates are displaying rather than just the month and year.

I dont like it. Unneccessary and too distracting.

researchediting
Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
23 of 45

Joan S wrote:

Petra - Thank you for your response. The only thing I see from the client is the stars. No other feedback. Sometimes clients have left stars and no feedback in writing but I never saw the comment before about making a comment private. Maybe Upwork has changed something again. They did recently change "this feedback has been removed" to "no feedback given" but never explained that.

And just changed it back again. And changed some "perked" jobs to not showing at all, which have now returned. They seem to be pretty busy breaking stuff.

martina_plaschka
Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
24 of 45

Petra R wrote:

Joan S wrote:

Does anyone know what it means when a client makes a feedback comment private?

It's the first time I've seen "The client has made this comment private" on a profile. Maybe (and I genuinely don't know) that replaces the "No feedback given" that was previously displayed when a client requested to remove the feedback they left for a freelancer, which removed the stars as well. I've never seen stars to remain and the comment get changed to "The client has made this comment private"

Can you see the feedback the client left when you go to the actual contract and then Terms & Settings?

Exciting! Feels a bit like discovering a new species, doesn't it? 

iaabraham
Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
25 of 45

I came to the forums because I saw the same thing on someone else's profile: "The client has made this comment private"

Would be good to know if this is a bug or another change we can all look forward to Smiley Frustrated

joansands
Community Guru
Joan S Member Since: Mar 18, 2019
26 of 45

Isabelle - It seems odd to me that the moderators and customer service don't know what it is. At least, I have not yet heard back from customer service.

mikeeddy
Michael E Member Since: Apr 3, 2019
27 of 45

I've got the same message on one of my projects: "The client has made this comment private" but the client never actually left any written comments so instead of no comments only that statement appears now.

This former client left me a substandard star rating and then stated that he made a mistake and left feedback for another freelancer on my profile instead of the other freelancer's profile.

I contacted support and they didn't know what to do. The client never came back to correct the feedback and I never heard from him again. Welcome to Upwork!

etrusca
Community Leader
Antonia B Member Since: Feb 24, 2015
28 of 45

I saw the same message in some of my jobs (with 5 stars). These are job completed since some months, and previously there were good feedback, and with some of the interested clients I'm still working. Strange enough.

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
29 of 45

Hi Antonia,

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with this issue. Thank you for your patience. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
etrusca
Community Leader
Antonia B Member Since: Feb 24, 2015
30 of 45

Thanks Bojan

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS