cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does a client make a feedback comment private?

joansands
Community Guru
Joan S Member Since: Mar 18, 2019
1 of 45

Does anyone know what it means when a client makes a feedback comment private?

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 45

Joan S wrote:

Does anyone know what it means when a client makes a feedback comment private?

It's the first time I've seen "The client has made this comment private" on a profile. Maybe (and I genuinely don't know) that replaces the "No feedback given" that was previously displayed when a client requested to remove the feedback they left for a freelancer, which removed the stars as well. I've never seen stars to remain and the comment get changed to "The client has made this comment private"

Can you see the feedback the client left when you go to the actual contract and then Terms & Settings?

joansands
Community Guru
3 of 45

Petra - Thank you for your response. The only thing I see from the client is the stars. No other feedback. Sometimes clients have left stars and no feedback in writing but I never saw the comment before about making a comment private. Maybe Upwork has changed something again. They did recently change "this feedback has been removed" to "no feedback given" but never explained that.

petra_r
Community Guru
4 of 45

Joan S wrote:

Petra - Thank you for your response. The only thing I see from the client is the stars. No other feedback. 

Right in the actual contract under "Terms & Settings" - rather than on your profile? It's peculiar, as it shows differently on the client's side as well.

Joan S wrote:

Maybe Upwork has changed something again. They did recently change "this feedback has been removed" to "no feedback given" but never explained that.

I believe that was a glitch as I've seen recent instances where it says "this feedback has been removed"

Let's flag my post and see if a mod can find out for us 🙂

joansands
Community Guru
5 of 45

Petra - In terms & settings, the only thing that shows are the stars.

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
6 of 45

Hi Joan,

Just to confirm that I`m checking this with our team and once I have more information I will post an update here. Thank you for your patience.

Update: Joan, our team will need to investigate this further and will create a ticket for you as well where they can assist you further and share more details with you.

~ Goran
Upwork
petra_r
Community Guru
7 of 45

Goran V wrote:

Update: Joan, our team will need to investigate this further and will create a ticket for you as well where they can assist you further and share more details with you.

Joan, come back when you get an answer, because I'm nosy 😄

joansands
Community Guru
8 of 45

Petra - I finally received a message this morning from Customer Service that said my issue is complex and so the person has sent it to the Technical Support Team for assistance. 

petra_r
Community Guru
9 of 45

Joan S wrote:

Petra - I finally received a message this morning from Customer Service that said my issue is complex and so the person has sent it to the Technical Support Team for assistance. 

Thanks for the update... it remains a mystery for now....

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
10 of 45

Hi All,

Just wanted to confirm that our team is investigating this further and is working on resolving it as soon as possible as well. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS