cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does a client make a feedback comment private?

hcbtechnos
Balakumar M Member Since: Jul 18, 2019
31 of 45

Hi,

I have the same problem with my recent completed Job. In my profile, under the specific Job It says "The client has made this comment private".

Could you please fix this?

The Client does not know how to make it public. Does this option really exists? Is it a glitch?

Regards,

Balakumar

djondinium
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
32 of 45

Hi Balakumar,

Our team is currently investigating this and we'll follow up here once we have more information.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
33 of 45

Aleksandar D wrote:

Our team is currently investigating this 

What, still?

And still mo answer what the feature that is misbehaving is designed to be there for?

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
34 of 45

Hi Petra,

We will not be able to share details about why this message is in the code but I can confirm that this code has been there for awhile and it isn't tied to any current or upcoming feature.

As for the bug itself, I can confirm that our engineers have identified the problem and will be releasing a fix soon.

~ Valeria
Upwork
joansands
Community Guru
Joan S Member Since: Mar 18, 2019
35 of 45

Valeria - I don't understand why you can't explain why that message is appearing on profiles. Was it just a mistake? A bug? What? After all, they are our profiles that the message is messing with and I think we deserve an explanation.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
36 of 45

Joan,

Yes, currently the reason this message is appearing under contracts where the client left no feedback comment is a bug and our engineers are working to fix it as soon as possible. 

~ Valeria
Upwork
joansands
Community Guru
Joan S Member Since: Mar 18, 2019
37 of 45

Well, Valeria, it is interesting to me - because that message appears when a client has left stars but no written feedback - but not in every case.

allyzzasitjar
Allyzza S Member Since: Jul 15, 2018
38 of 45

Hi Baris,

I hope you can help me. My client recently stopped his business and ended all of the team's contract on the same day. I saw my co-workers' feedback with a message reflected on their profile but in my case, up until now, it didn't. I had to verify it to my client and he said, he did leave one for me.

Now, I did follow what you have suggested and waited for a couple of days too. I'm just worried because they can see theirs within minutes but I'm the only one who got 5 stars but with no message at all.

Thank you.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
39 of 45

Allyzza S wrote:

I'm the only one who got 5 stars but with no message at all.

If you can see the stars but no written feedback, then that means that there was no written feedback.

That said, written feedback doesn't really matter. 

That said, what I see on your profile is something different

made it private.png

This is somehing many freelancers have reported when clients have not left any written feedback, and Upwork have thus far failed to explain anything about this.

No written feedback is absolutely no problem or in any way negative. An announcement that a client made feedback private is not a good look, especially whn that is utterly untrue.

To check if the client left any written feedback, go to the actual contract and click on "terms and settings"" - If there was written feedback, you'd see it there.

allyzzasitjar
Allyzza S Member Since: Jul 15, 2018
40 of 45

Thank you so much for responding Petra. I appreciate you for being helpful.

Unfortunately, no message there at all. We have specifically asked the client to leave us written feedback and I know for sure it's true that he did it for all of us but for some reason, mine is not showing.

download.png

To be honest, this is important for me because it adds value to what I do. If Upwork couldn't be more direct as to what this bug may be, I totally understand and I really hope this issue will be fixed soon.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS