🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How does an ending of inactive, never billed ...
Page options
natasamilenkovic
Community Member

How does an ending of inactive, never billed hourly contract (from 2015.) affect my JSS?

Hi!
I have one concern, so would appreciate for help here, please.
I had one inactive hourly contract with the client which started in 2015, but the client has never provided any details about the job. There were messages from his side before the contract started, but after hiring me, he just disappeared. I sent some messages, didn't get any reply. I didn't have any chance to start to work, or bill any hour. 

So, that contract just stayed there. At some point I saw the notification that the contractor was suspended, then it became inactive and that's how it was displayed for years. 

A few days ago I decided to end the contract - just wanted to make my dashboard clean and healthy. I just don't have that kind of contracts. All my contracts are healthy, with the great clients who left positive feedback...

But, now I started to wonder was this decision good for me? Will that have any effect on my JSS or similar? However, that would be really odd - the contract was from 2015, I didn't get an opportunity ever to start to work, the client just disappeared, I didn't track anything, didn't bill anything... just haven't been able to act on any different way.

So, if someone who knows precisely how this kind of contract ending affects my JSS, let me know!

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
zhnew
Community Member

HI , Natasa M
Absolutely!  There are several inactive jobs inside the Job (IN PROGRESS) sections . I'm also interested to know about this topic. 
Thank you so Much. Woman Happy
~zhshimanto

zhshimanto
LuiggiR

Hi Natasa,

Such open contracts should not affect your score negatively. Please, note that when you close a contract, the client is notified and will have 14 days to provide their feedback on the contract. If you choose to close a contract that never resulted in any earnings and the client also doesn't provide any feedback within the time range I mentioned, that contract will be excluded from your JSS calculation.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths