🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How does location affect profile views?
Page options
delder1
Community Member

How does location affect profile views?

I'm a writer from the U.K. based abroad. Despite having a 98 per cent job success rate and plenty of successful jobs, I've never received more than 3 or 4 profile views a week and I rarely receive job invitiations, especially decent ones. 

I'm starting to wonder if my location is affecting recruiter's ability to see my profile. Is this likely to be the case?

If so, is it posible to change it? As mentioned above I'm from the U.K. and as most of my clients are from the U.K. I generally work U.K. hours. It would make sense to me if I was able to see jobs advertised for U.K. workers. 

Thanks.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Duncan, 

I would like to clarify that job posts that have a UK (or US) location requirement are llimited to users in the said regions. As such, you will be able to access jobs with a UK location requirement once you have relocated back to the UK, and once you have verified your location. 

You may read more about it here

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
sergio-soria
Community Member

So you are from UK but you are living in South Korea? Maybe the "only UK" option is affecting you.

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Announcements/Location-Selection-Expanding-to-UK-Clients/m-p/520548

I don't think you can change your location to UK. The system will recognize that you are not there. But it shouldn't affect that much in searches where location filters are not used. Are you applying to jobs frequently?

As for invitations they are less frequent than before, for everyone, because free clients have a limit of 3 invites per job post now.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Duncan, 

I would like to clarify that job posts that have a UK (or US) location requirement are llimited to users in the said regions. As such, you will be able to access jobs with a UK location requirement once you have relocated back to the UK, and once you have verified your location. 

You may read more about it here

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members