cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does upwork compare to other platforms? (for old timers)

simonbour
Ace Contributor
Simon B Member Since: Jul 21, 2017
1 of 4

Again,

How does upwork compare to other platforms? (for old timers)

Simon.

tlbp
Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
2 of 4

Leads the pack for me. I've found work on one other platform in the past, but it was only one client. I've since abandoned that platform as they've lost quality and upped costs. 

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
3 of 4

There are reasons we are here and not on the other platforms.

There is a major platform, very large, which I won't name here... It used to be legitimate, but I simply consider it unusable these days. Their business model is built around charging fees to freelancers up front. Regardless of if freelancers earn money.

Upwork's business model is based on earning a percentage only when freelancers actually earn money.

It is completely different.

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
4 of 4

as far as bidding sites, I've only tried Upwork (well, from Elance) and Guru.

There's nada at Guru for me. I made a profile and all that but I quit looking at the project list. I can't find anything to bid on. I'm glad I didn't plunk a few hundred bucks into membership. I will still look here and there, but I decided to focus on a different business model instead. 

I think the two main competiors out there are Upwork and one that begins with an F (i am not sure we are allowed to mention it?)

There is another cheap place that begins with an F too and I signed up to see what's up but I've decided that 1 bidding site is enough and I have another place I make money that's a completely different model and then I just started up again on a 3rd that is also a different model. That keeps it diverse enough I think where I'm not a slave to seasonal traffic.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS