🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: How if the client just say 'Thanks for yo...
Page options
annisa_sarah
Community Member

How if the client just say 'Thanks for your bid!'?

Hey Experts,

I joined Upwork since last month and already have 5 (1 ongoing) projects so far. All below $100. Today I proposed for $200 project and the client replied to my proposal just say: "Hello, Thanks for your bid"

Whoa, I am so nervous and I don't know how to reply his message. My proposal still on active candidacy and I have no idea if he is interested in my proposal. I don't want to look desperate, but I really like the project. Not only about this is the highest amount among my projects, but the job desk itself.

What should I do?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
robbie-b
Community Member

Use their name when you reply. If they're using a company name, check their reviews to find the name. 

"Hi ____

Let me know a good time for you to discuss your project specifics". 

Along those lines. The "thanks for your bid" can mean they're busy sifting through applicants, or, they want you to take the reigns and lead the conversation. 

Don't think of it as an interview. Just a conversation with someone who needs something done that you can do. For a fee 😉

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
robbie-b
Community Member

Use their name when you reply. If they're using a company name, check their reviews to find the name. 

"Hi ____

Let me know a good time for you to discuss your project specifics". 

Along those lines. The "thanks for your bid" can mean they're busy sifting through applicants, or, they want you to take the reigns and lead the conversation. 

Don't think of it as an interview. Just a conversation with someone who needs something done that you can do. For a fee 😉

florydev
Community Member

I know that jolt.  I am not sure everyone feels it but it feels like acceptance to me.  However, you probably know there is a bit of road to travel first.  Raise your hopes but not too high, it is fine to be disappointed but not to be crushed.

I would probably reply with:

You are very welcome are there anything specifically you want to discuss?

Then I would have probably pose one or two questions.  I would want the question to be incitful about some aspect of the project that you are curious about or want to know more.  If you can find a question that might actually challenge how they see it, that's usually all the better.  My favorite thing for a client to say back is "oh, wow, I had not thought of that."

Whatever you do, don't apologize for any delay in responding.

Wait for some more advice, I am sure it is coming and I wish you the best of luck.  

Hi all, thank you for your response. I did reply that. I hope it will be a good sign for me 🙂

robbie-b
Community Member

Let us know how you get on.

The client just replies and ask my WhatsApp contact because he prefers to send voice notes. Is it allowed in here?

by the way, I've read the client history and he is okay

Annisa S wrote:

The client just replies and ask my WhatsApp contact because he prefers to send voice notes. Is it allowed in here?

Yes. You just can't take payment outside of UpWork. Update your workroom with the job specifics to confirm you're both on the same page. That is if you're okay with using Whatsapp. I'm not, so I would usually suggest an alternative, either Slack or Skype because I'm more familiar with them. 

Many thanks, Robbie!

I am okay using WhatsApp because it's more familiar in my country. Thank you for your suggestion

Great stuff. Sounds like you two will have a productive chat. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths