🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How is recommend % calculated
Page options
grimesr
Community Member

How is recommend % calculated

If I have a 90 % recommendation, how is that calculated? If a client doesn't give any feedback/rating, does that count as not recommended? If so, I think it should be changed to not be included. There is no way to know how the client felt about the freelancer.

7 REPLIES 7
petra_r
Community Member

Robert G wrote:

If I have a 90 % recommendation, how is that calculated? If a client doesn't give any feedback/rating, does that count as not recommended?

No, it does not. Clients who did not leave feedback are excluded from this metric, it includes only clients who responded.

grimesr
Community Member

If that is true, how far back does the calculation go? I have only 5 star ratings yet 91% recommendation. Is there any way I can see who didn't recommend me so I can evaluate what I must have done wrong to improve in the future?

petra_r
Community Member

Robert G wrote:

If that is true, how far back does the calculation go?

It is true 😉 and it is a lifetime metric (contrary to your JSS which is the best of your 6, 12 and 24 month score.)

Robert G wrote:

I have only 5 star ratings yet 91% recommendation.

Public feedback (stars) is eyecandy and largely irrelevant.  Most clients just give 5 stars for everything for the sake of peace.

Robert G wrote:

Is there any way I can see who didn't recommend me?

Nope, it's called private feedback for a reason.

Can't you think of a countract or two that could have gone better?

grimesr
Community Member

As far as I know, no.

Looking back at feedback, the ones I can see all are 5 stars.

petra_r
Community Member

Robert G wrote:

As far as I know, no.

Looking back at feedback, the ones I can see all are 5 stars.

As explained previously, public feedback (stars) is pretty much meaningless.

You may need to develop the instinct for clients being anything other than thrilled.

I've completed 250+ contracts and knew perfectly well every time when something wasn't 100% perfect.

kbadeau
Community Member

Is it possible for a client to not leave public feedback, but to leave private feedback?

petra_r
Community Member

Kelly B wrote:

Is it possible for a client to not leave public feedback, but to leave private feedback?

No. Or rather, not if money was paid. If no money was paid, ONLY private feedback is left.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members