🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: How is the connects amount determined?
Page options
f1785f8c
Community Member

How is the connects amount determined?

How is the amount of connects you have to spend on each job determined? I notice some jobs are only 1 connect and then some go up to 6. What factor determines this? Is it set by the client or by Upwork?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

It's automated by Upwork. Short-term/lower-paid jobs are supposed to cost fewer connects, whereas higher-priced/longer term jobs cost more. Sometimes, if a job gets very few bids, the number of connects required will decrease (though personally, I would treat that as a red flag - if nobody wants the gig, there's usually a good reason!). But it's not a perfect system, so sometimes you'll see connects charges that make little sense.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

It's automated by Upwork. Short-term/lower-paid jobs are supposed to cost fewer connects, whereas higher-priced/longer term jobs cost more. Sometimes, if a job gets very few bids, the number of connects required will decrease (though personally, I would treat that as a red flag - if nobody wants the gig, there's usually a good reason!). But it's not a perfect system, so sometimes you'll see connects charges that make little sense.

Thanks Christine.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members