cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long before I should close a contract with unresponsive contract?

moniquenz
Ace Contributor
Monique L Member Since: Sep 23, 2017
1 of 4

Hi,

I've read that having an inactive contract can affect JSS, but I was wondering how long it needs to be inactive for?

I was working with an Enterprise client for a few weeks, then the project finished. They'd told me that they would like me to continue working on another project and would be in touch. I've contacted them to follow up through here and through Gmail as that's where our communication had mostly been due to the project being done on Google Docs. 

No response which is really strange as they were always very fast to reply and they are a client that has spent a lot of money through here. 

Should I go ahead and close the contract, or wait a bit longer? I'm pretty sure they were happy with everything that I'd done so no reason to leave bad feedback but I don't want anything that I do to affect my JSS.

Thanks in advance Smiley Happy

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
2 of 4

Hi Monique,

We can't share that time frame but you can wait a bit for your client to respond before considering taking action on your completed contract, in case you don't receive a response from them.

Untitled
moniquenz
Ace Contributor
Monique L Member Since: Sep 23, 2017
3 of 4

But if the contract doesn't close before the unknown timeframe, I will be affected? Even though I've done everything to get in touch with the client AND job was completed successfully?

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
4 of 4

Hi Monique,

Note that depending on your job history, one or two contracts without feedback won't affect your Job Success Score. Being rated for different segments on a completed contract is one of the factors on which Job Success Score is based and we do advise freelancers to communicate with their clients regarding closing their contract while submitting the final product, since the party that ends the contract is required to leave feedback for the other party.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS