🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How long before a paused contract with zero e...
Page options
ishruti2216
Community Member

How long before a paused contract with zero earning start to affect the JSS?

Greeting Everyone!

My client sent me the offer, but she needs about a week or so to collect all the information and finally get started. We don't have any activity on the contract (Zero Dollar earned) and she has paused the contract as of now so that it doesn't affect my score. But I have a feeling that Paused Contracts affect the JSS negatively too. What's your take on this? 

2 REPLIES 2
prestonhunter
Community Member

To be completely honest, I think that it is kind of rude for a client to send you a contract offer and then immediately pause the contract.

If I was a freelancer, I would not be pleased. I would want to wait until I can actually do some work on a contract before I accept the offer.

I HAVE accepted offers from clients who aren't ready to have me work on the main task. But they don't PAUSE the contract, and they let me bill some time getting some initial things set up.

re: "But I have a feeling that Paused Contracts affect the JSS negatively too. What's your take on this?"

Which is why I always want to log at least ten minutes of time on any hourly contract as soon as I accept the contract. And I avoid accepting any hourly contract until I have enough information or input files to do that. If I knew that ahead of time that a client was going to pause the contract as soon as the contract was started, I would simply let her know that she can find me easily on Upwork and offer me the contract when she is ready for work to begin.

tlsanders
Community Member

Seems to be a bit more than 2 months.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members