🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How long can we keep the earnings in upwork w...
Page options
magar-pooja
Community Member

How long can we keep the earnings in upwork wallet?

Hello,

How long can we keep the earnings in up work wallet? It's already been around 3 months my earnings are in the wallet. Is there some time limit after which I won't be able to withdraw it into my bank account?

Thanks
Pooja
8 REPLIES 8
JoanneP

Hi Pooja,

Upwork is not able to keep freelancers' funds indefinitely, so after 180 days funds on the freelancer Upwork account will be sent to their withdrawal method automatically

~ Joanne
Upwork

Thank you for the information.

What happens if I have not set any payment method?

Hi Pooja,

If you were not able to add a payment method, Upwork will send you a notification to remind you to add one as soon as possible. If you have not withdrawn your funds by the date indicated, your account will be placed on a temporary hold and you will not be able to enter into new contracts until your balance has been withdrawn. Also, any submitted proposals will be canceled and your Connects will not be refunded if a hold is placed on your account. To add a payment method, click here.

~ Joanne
Upwork
veralemeshava
Community Member

Hi Joanne,

Could you please clarify the "180 days after" part? After what?
The last time I withdrew the funds was on October, 14th. On October, 15th some funds were again available on my account. Does 180 days hold period count from October, 15? 

Side question, if I partially withdraw funds today (not all available balance), does it mean the hold period for the remaining funds resets?

Thank you.

Hi Veranika,

This refers to 180 days after you've received the funds in your Upwork account. Partially withdrawing will not reset this timeline.

~Andrea
Upwork

Thanks for sharing required details, I wanted to know that if an account is set to on temperory hold on that case can I still bill the client, and when you say 180 days I believe it will date of specific amount received, so do I needed to withdraw all amount or any only partial withdrawals for amount which is more then 180 days , thanks again.

38d704bf
Community Member

I want to keep max amount in my upwork wallet as my local currency is losing value against USD every passing day. Just crossed 1k earning mark and upwork shows that after 2 weeks, upwork will send payment to my local currency account. Can i defer it or ask upwork to only remit partial amount?

Hi Muhammad,

I'm afraid that's not possible. Your balance will be automatically sent to your payment method of choice on the specified date of your schedule if it exceeds the minimum amount you've set. Keep in mind that balances older than 180 days will be withdrawn automatically, whether they are over your balance limit or not. You can check this help article to learn more.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths