🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How long can you keep earned funds in Upwork?
Page options
sophiakramarz
Community Member

How long can you keep earned funds in Upwork?

How long can you keep earned funds in Upwork? I am setting up an LLC, and it hasn't been finalized yet.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sophia,

Thank you for reaching out to us with this question. Upwork is not able to keep freelancers' funds indefinitely, so after 180 days funds on freelancer Upwork account will be sent to their withdrawal method automatically

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sophia,

Thank you for reaching out to us with this question. Upwork is not able to keep freelancers' funds indefinitely, so after 180 days funds on freelancer Upwork account will be sent to their withdrawal method automatically

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thanks 

Bojan S Moderator

but I can keep a quarter maximum os 90 days. is that something wrong in my system, for the new update for buy connect we need to spend money & I have no master card is that a way to stop withdrawal method automatically.  withdrawal method automatically. may  make my balance nill so I will not be able to bid any more or buy any plan, So, therefore, please I want to only  withdrawal manually, I beg to request for it to me upwork

Thanks again 

best regards

M. Mobinur Hashan

M. Mobinur H wrote:

but I can keep a quarter maximum os 90 days. is that something wrong in my system

No, that is normal.

So, therefore, please I want to only  withdrawal manually, I beg to request for it to me upwork

That is not possible. All you can do is make sure you pay attention to the dates of automatic withdrawal, set the threshold to $ 1000, and make sure you do NOT have $ 1000 or more in your account on the auto-withdrawal dates.

Considering that you don't seem to be even earning $ 1000 in 90 days, that should be easy to do. If you set it up so the auto-withdrawal only happens every 90 days AND only if you have more than $ 1000, there will never be any automatic withdrawals unless you have over $ 1000 in your Upwork account on that day.

nklyrr
Community Member

Hi Petra,

Does that mean that regardless of the amount of funds I have as long as it doesn't exceed $1,000, I can keep them indefinitely? 

Thank you! 

depeshc
Community Member

Hey there!

When funds automatically get paid out after 180 days, which exchange rate does upwork use? 

Thanks!

petra_r
Community Member

Depesh C wrote:

When funds automatically get paid out after 180 days, which exchange rate does upwork use? 

The one applicable at the time of the withdrawal.

62f5a503
Community Member

Hi! Tell me please!

1) I have $1500 in my account. For example, I withdraw $100-500. From this moment, after 180 days, the rest of the money will be automatically withdrawn to the account?

2) I have $1500 in my account. For example, I withdraw $100-500. The next month, I withdrew another $100-500 from the upwork. From this moment, after 180 days, the rest of the money will be automatically withdrawn to the account?

3) I have $1500 in my account. Today I withdrew $100-500 from the upwork. After 180 days, the rest of the money will be automatically withdrawn to the account?

Hi Elizaveta,

The 180 days start when the funds first become available for withdrawal in your account.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members