cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long did it take you to get your first job on Upwork?

Highlighted
Carly C Member Since: Oct 18, 2016
1 of 7

So, I have my profile ready, took a few tests and plan to take a few more, and now it's on to the scary world or actually looking for work! I guess I just wanted to know, how long did it take to actually get that first job?

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Liliath P Member Since: Apr 16, 2016
2 of 7

For me it was only two days after they approved my profile. However, afther that first job it had been kind of slow for me. 

Now for the last two month I seem to be picking up a pace. let's hope it stays that way.

Highlighted
3 of 7

This is really great to hear! Any tips or horror stories? 

Highlighted
Oumaima T Member Since: Oct 1, 2016
4 of 7

2 weeks, now I have 7 projects. I started working 1st september 2016

Highlighted
5 of 7

Two weeks...did you look up jobs every day or just a few days out of the week?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
6 of 7

I'm not exactly sure anymore, but it was a few weeks  Then it became steady pretty quickly, though

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Karlo V Member Since: Mar 26, 2015
7 of 7

I think that this depends on what kind of job are you looking for. In my opinion you should apply on smaller projects at first that are not payed that much. Anyway, in my case it took me quite some time to get first job. But there might be some problem in the way I was applying for the jobs. I am not sure. But as soon as you get your first job it should be much easier. 

However I suggest you that you keep applying even if sometimes it looks that it is useless. Something will come in eventually. 

SEM Expert
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS