🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How long do I wait to move on to a new client...
Page options
mulaman13
Community Member

How long do I wait to move on to a new client?

I only worked half a month at Upwork, but the clients I worked with paid me a little per month and I knew that at Upwork most people were looking for cheap jobs. But there is a new job post with good pay and it's essentialy what I do already. But I don't know how long I'll have to wait before leaving a client I've worked with. Can someone help me? Because I don't know how.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
167ac944
Community Member

Dear, If you think you will do both jobs together and easily complete then submit your proposal to get the job, there is no issue you can get and worked two or three jobs together. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

As a freelancer you are operating a small business and it's entirely up to you how many clients you work with at one time, and how long you work with any client.

But I'm confused. There are no jobs showing on your UW profile. Do you actually have UW contracts with any of the clients you worked with? How did those clients pay you?

I had a contract but my client terminated it because we decided that milestones would be easier to do because hourly wages took longer to pay 

Ethan S wrote:

I had a contract but my client terminated it because we decided that milestones would be easier to do because hourly wages took longer to pay 

But there isn't a single job showing on your profile? How is your client paying you?

I assumed since the hours already tracked and it says in this article 

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211062248-End-a-Contract

that I will be paid the hours I worked  and also it's not showing because the contract ended

167ac944
Community Member

Dear, If you think you will do both jobs together and easily complete then submit your proposal to get the job, there is no issue you can get and worked two or three jobs together. 

Okay thank you for saying this it really cleared up what I posted

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members