🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: How long does it take Upwork to remove a ...
Page options
jr-translation
Community Member

How long does it take Upwork to remove a stolen profile?

I have reported a profile that is a copy of my profile, when will the scammer be removed from the platform?

5 REPLIES 5
kat303
Community Member

Probably never.

Most likely Upwork will warn that freelancer and tell them to change their profile in which case, since these freelancers are dishonest, they will change a few words. Move things around a bit and that will be it. And if they copied your profile, they probably copied things from the internet and put them in their portfolio claiming they designed or created that. And their picture image is of another person taken from the internet. 

Kathy T wrote:

Probably never.

Most likely Upwork will warn that freelancer and tell them to change their profile in which case, since these freelancers are dishonest, they will change a few words. Move things around a bit and that will be it. And if they copied your profile, they probably copied things from the internet and put them in their portfolio claiming they designed or created that. And their picture image is of another person taken from the internet. 

Unfortunately, I think you're quite right.
I have marked profiles with the copied presentation, they change it and that's it. It does not matter that they have lied.
Also profiles with the portfolio completely stolen, one in particular, changed it for another stolen, I marked it again, and it is still there. Well, now without a portfolio.
And I have marked profiles with stolen photos (why do they all want to be so beautiful?), And some have changed it to another false one, and there it goes.

I still think that, since Upwork seems not to be enough with all these fraudulent profiles, they should allow us to name them in the forums.
This will make the work easier for them.

lysis10
Community Member

Jennifer R wrote:

I have reported a profile that is a copy of my profile, when will the scammer be removed from the platform?

They will get a slap on the wrist, change it, and then you gotta watch it cuz they might change it back. Only time they seem to take a fraud like this off the system is if there is a stink on the forum. Has this freelancer made any money? Because if they have, yeah, it's gonna be a lot of reporting. One girl had to come here because it happened over and over again. 

Jennifer M wrote:

Jennifer R wrote:

They will get a slap on the wrist, change it, and then you gotta watch it cuz they might change it back. Only time they seem to take a fraud like this off the system is if there is a stink on the forum. Has this freelancer made any money? Because if they have, yeah, it's gonna be a lot of reporting. One girl had to come here because it happened over and over again. 

Not yet, he removed some part of my overview, managed to get some typos in and as a translator his only language is English: Native or Bilingual.

Jennifer R wrote:

Not yet, he removed some part of my overview, managed to get some typos in and as a translator his only language is English: Native or Bilingual.

If he hasn't made any money yet, then you will probably have a better chance of getting them booted than if he made money.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members