🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How long does it take for a contract to be de...
Page options
shivafernandes
Community Member

How long does it take for a contract to be detected as a large contract?

So, I'm in Design and Creative and one of my Contracts just broke the 5k mark, (5.012,00 to be exact haha).

But when I click to see if any of my contracts qualify as a Large Contract, it says "You have no large contracts". Is there anything I'm missing or it's just a matter of time?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Shiva,

You're almost there. Once your last payment for this contract gets processed, it will become eligible under the category you're referring to. 

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
JoanneP

Hi Shiva,

The criteria for a “large contract” is specific to the contract category. We base these amounts on the opportunities currently available on Upwork. For example, in certain categories, a large contract might be one with earnings of $5,000 but in others it might be a $20,000 or $30,000 contract. Please read this information here to learn more. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Joanne, thanks for the reply!
The contract in question is a Graphic Design contract, which I suppose falls into the "Design & Creative" category and is supposed to be on the $5k to be considered large, as it's stated by the document you've linked here.

So, am I misunderstanding something?

Hi Shiva,

Could you please check the Contract ID you're referring to so we could check? 

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi Andrea, thank you for your reply.

And of course!

Here is the contract ID: 

Hi Shiva,

You're almost there. Once your last payment for this contract gets processed, it will become eligible under the category you're referring to. 

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Ooh now it makes sense!
Thank you so much Bojan!

All the best!

decyry
Community Member

Hi! Last week, I was checking on my stats and found out that I already have a large contract. It got a check mark already. I already earned more than 5k plus on writing. So, I was only waiting for my earnings to reach 10k. Tonight, I checked on my stats again and got the earnings 10k check. However, the large contract was X again. May I please get some support and advise on this? Thank you!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members