cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How long does it take to have a job approved?

monica_pacchiano
Monica P Member Since: Jan 14, 2016
1 of 6

I've been working on a text for 3 days, during this period the hirer replied to all my questions quickly. it's 24h since I submitted my job and waiting for approval. How long does it may take?

thaaank you

monica

and979
Community Guru
Andrea B Member Since: Feb 20, 2015
2 of 6

Hi Monica,

check here: "it is your responsibility to work out a payment schedule with your client and follow up if there are any problems. We cannot force a non-paying client to submit payment for fixed-price work".

colettelewis
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
BEST ANSWER
3 of 6

Provided your client funded the amount in escrow, it can take anything up to 14 days once you have delivered your work and asked for escrow to be released. After 14 days if you haven't heard from your client, then Upwork automatically releases it. 

If your client has not funded escrow, then you will just have to hope that he/she is honourable and will pay you. If this is the case, wait a couple more days and send a friendly reminder by asking if there are any amendments (but not extra work to be done) to be made, or something similar.

I hope it works out for you.

View solution in original post

monica_pacchiano
4 of 6

Grazie Nichola!

monica_pacchiano
5 of 6

Thank you Andrea Smiley Happy

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
6 of 6

Just to add to everything else that people said -- if you submit to a milestone and ask for partial payment, and they never release and then submit the final part of the milestone and have to wait out the time, the clock is reset again, which sucks.

So, let's say you do half the milestone and submit for half of the amount. The client doesn't respond. Then, you do the other half a week later and submit for the full amount. The clock resets and you have to wait another 2 weeks for the first half to release. Found that out the hard way.

I have a customer that never releases the escrow but escrows for a month's worth of work. Every time I submit to the milestone, the countdown resets for what I did weeks ago. It's annoying. So now I just submit 2 weeks in and let the clock run down and send him the other 2 weeks in email.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS