cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take to hear back from a proposal?

geniedismukes
Eugenia D Member Since: May 12, 2017
1 of 5

And also, do potential jobs care if you do tests or not?

mwiggenhorn
Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
2 of 5

Usually, in my experience, you will not hear back from most potential clients.  Send off your proposal and move on.

As far as tests, I think it depends on what your field is.  There are no tests appropriate to my field (paralegal) but I took a great number of tests having to do with spelling, grammar and the like.  It can't hurt and it might help.

dwemer
Alex V Member Since: Jul 30, 2015
3 of 5

I would suggest to add an option for freelancers to check whether their proposal was seen by a client or not. Something like 'the client has read your cover letter' in the job description. What do you think?

Same would be useful for messages. We can send messages but we never know if the other side is unavailable or just ignoring us.

Also, why most of the jobs are available for long time, weeks or months, no matter if the client hired someone or not? Aren't they supposed to close their jobs after they get the right freelancer(or none)? What is the difference between 'hires' and 'hired'(second is when the job will close automatically)?

datasciencewonk
Community Guru
Kat C Member Since: Jul 11, 2016
4 of 5

@Aleksandr V wrote:

I would suggest to add an option for freelancers to check whether their proposal was seen by a client or not. Something like 'the client has read your cover letter' in the job description. What do you think?

Same would be useful for messages. We can send messages but we never know if the other side is unavailable or just ignoring us.

Also, why most of the jobs are available for long time, weeks or months, no matter if the client hired someone or not? Aren't they supposed to close their jobs after they get the right freelancer(or none)? What is the difference between 'hires' and 'hired'(second is when the job will close automatically)?

@Aleksandr V wrote:

1. What actionable data would knowing whether or not a client viewed your proposal provide to you? 

2. While I understand your underlying reason for that addition, it would be a nightmare. Additional angst would arise from both parties: BUT IT SAID HE SAW MY MESSAGE WHY ISN'T HE RESPONDING IMMEDIATELY?!?!

jessnevils
Jessica N Member Since: Aug 17, 2017
5 of 5
Mary,

I'm a paralegal looking to freelance. I'd like to connect with you, but if that's not possible can you offer me some advice on getting started?

Thank you.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS