🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: How long it may need to get back the conn...
Page options
rafsun_ug
Community Member

How long it may need to get back the connects after closing a job?

Hello Upwork Experts,

Take my best regards. Could anyone please inform me that how long it may need to get back the connects after closing a job? Some jobs are closed which I applied. But I didn't get back the connects yet! Thanks in advance. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

This will be after the change:

"If a client closes their job without hiring or a job is removed by Upwork for violating our Terms of Service, your Connects will be returned."

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
yitwail
Community Member

FYI, you only get back connects if a job was closed AND no one was hired. Also, although I'm not sure about this, if the job is closed after the billing cycle changes, you might not get the connects back.

John K wrote:

FYI, you only get back connects if a job was closed AND no one was hired. Also, although I'm not sure about this, if the job is closed after the billing cycle changes, you might not get the connects back.

Not entirely true:

"If a job post has been removed by Upwork for a Terms of Service violation, the Connects used on that proposal will be returned for you to reuse."

This will be after the change:

"If a client closes their job without hiring or a job is removed by Upwork for violating our Terms of Service, your Connects will be returned."

Smiley Sad I thought those will be returned to me. But this is only for those job which was closed without hiring anyone! Smiley Sad

Rafsun S wrote:

Smiley Sad I thought those will be returned to me. But this is only for those job which was closed without hiring anyone! Smiley Sad

Well, I know how it feels to use connects on jobs without hire. But we manage to identify something that everyone can agree on will be better after the change. Smiley Wink

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths