🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: How long it takes to transfer funds to lo...
Page options
techsolutions33
Community Member

How long it takes to transfer funds to local bank

Hello, I never use local bank transfer before.

on the 10th of July for the first time, I sent my funds to the local bank and I've not received it yet.

I read somewhere that it takes min 4 days but I just wanna make sure and let to know more about it.
could anybody help me with it?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Ali,

Please allow eight working days for these funds to reflect on your account. Let us know if the money doesn't show after the weekend and we'll assist you with the trace.

Thank you for your patience. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Ali,

It can take between 2 to 5 business days for the funds to be loaded on your bank account. If you have not received the funds after 8 business days let us know, and our team will initiate a trace on your transaction. Thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

I haven't received the funds even after the 8th day, can you please help me to get back my funds I'll try another payment method which i always use to transfer funds.

Hi Ali,

Please allow eight working days for these funds to reflect on your account. Let us know if the money doesn't show after the weekend and we'll assist you with the trace.

Thank you for your patience. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
084ce33e
Community Member

Question; is it an additional 8 days after my payments were approved. If yes, we are talking 3/4 weeks until I receive my money? 

Hi Britta,

Thank you for reaching out to us. On this thread, Bojan meant that when you withdraw the payment from your Upwork account to your bank account, generally it takes up to eight business days for the funds to reflect on your account. 

However, it is possible that it would only take a few days for you to receive the funds.

As for receiving the payments on your Upwork account, I suggest that you refer to these articles to know the timeline for receiving them once the client approves the milestone or approves your logged hours:

Hourly Contracts

Fixed-Price Contracts

~ AJ
Upwork

What's the cutoff time to start the ACH transfer so you get the funds the next business day?

According to support: "There is a 12:00 pm (noon) UTC cutoff time for same-day processing."

Hey, I have been waiting for 7 daya for my fund being tranfed to my local bank account but I havent recived my funds yet. Can someone help me with this? 

Hello Marcella,

I see that your funds were successfully withdrawn from your Upwork account and it is currently under process. Direct to Local Bank transaction is processed within four business days. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, let us know and we will assist you further. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S, and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please read up on this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timings and Fees.

Thank you

Pradeep H.

Upwork

I'm from morocco and i just did local bank transfer, should i also wait 8 days ? i think i entered everything correctly , but since i'm on another country i typed my new number . i don't think it will affect withdrawing . i entered the 24 digits of bank that we call RIB . but i heared that for international transfert i think we use IBAN which starts for me with MA64 so it's 28 characters ... 

I think I'm just too much worrying because it's my first transfert with upwork . 

Before the fees were pending but after 15 min both are white . 

Thank you.after.pngbefore.png

Hi Ibrahim,

Thank you for reaching out to us here in the Community. Please remember that depending on your home country or bank, Direct to Local Bank payments may be subject to different timing, fees, or restrictions.

In general, Direct to Local Bank payments take up to seven business days to arrive at your bank. The after-eight monitoring days are when we can initiate a trace for a fund that users haven't received in their bank yet. You can expect the funds in your account within these days, depending on your local bank's timing.

You may check this help article for more details.

~ Arjay
Upwork
sherazahmed83
Community Member

hello , i am new to the upwork community , i first time withdraw funds to MCB bank , i want to know how much time it would take to come funds and i can withdraw from my ATM, 

Thanks

Hi Ahmed,

Please keep in mind that It can take between 2 to 5 business days for the funds to be loaded on your bank account. If you have not received the funds after 8 business days let us know, and our team will initiate a trace on your transaction. Thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

hi gorav 

Really ... i mean in this fast digital era of e commerce and e banking transactions ,, why such a long time  ? i mean 5 days ??? normally transactions are think done these days , and on such a latest and most famous platform it takes such a long time ?

i mean we wait 8 days to hold payment in the upwork cycle and now 5 days wait here in the bank transfer ?? it sounds very annoying , 

its all digital , not a person or a mail that is send by a courier , its out of imagination that 5 days ,,, i cant process this answer , 

any ways 

thanks 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths