Decided not to push arbitration because I'd only make $9 *rolls eyes* if I win. UW disupute specialist suggested I make an offer for an alternate (lower) payment request. I did, and of course the client low-balled it back. I just want the stupid thing to be done and get paid SOMETHING for all my work, so I agreed. I asked the dispute specialist when I could expect payment but have not received an answer. Do I now have to wait another 14 days to get the payment through default timing, plus six more days of UW's "security period" after that? Or if they agree to a settlement amount, are they obligated to release the funds immediately. I suspect the client is PO'd that they have to pay me anything at all, so they'll run out the clock as long as possible.
So, if I have to wait 14 days, plus another six, can I rescind my offer during that time and decide to go to arbitration?
ETA: I made it clear to the dispute specialist that I only agreed to the low-ball offer if the funds would be released immediately. Crickets... no surprise.
Thanks, Valeria, I'm familiar with the security hold.
What I was really not sure about was whether or not the client has to release the funds immediately once a dispute settlement amount has been reached.
I was asked to make a settlement offer, which I did. The client countered. I accepted. What happens next?