Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long to get paid?

Highlighted
Will B Member Since: Apr 23, 2017
1 of 43

Hi Guys,

Can anybody tell me how long it usually takes to get paid (after you´ve submitted your payment request)?

Thanks, Will B.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Louisa J Member Since: Apr 12, 2017
2 of 43

Within 24 hours. It used to take about 36 hours but it has been a lot faster lately.

Then it takes 3-7 days to get to your bank, depending on your country.

However, if you submit a request on a Saturday, it won't go through until Monday, or Tuesday if a Bank Holiday. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3 of 43

Hi Will,

@Will B wrote:

Hi Guys,

Can anybody tell me how long it usually takes to get paid (after you´ve submitted your payment request)?

Thanks, Will B.

If your client approves the submission you get paid immediately into your Upwork account, and the funds become available after the 5 day security period.

If the client gets run over by a bus the funds are released to you after 14 days, plus the 5 day security period.

Hourly works differently.

OK - let's just clarify: What do you mean? How long does it take to get paid from when you submit work and request payment - or how long does it take to get your cash to your withdrawal method when you withdraw your Upwork funds (which depends on your location and your withdrawal method)

Highlighted
Community Guru
Corinne L Member Since: Jun 3, 2013
4 of 43

After I click on "get paid now" it usually takes less than one day to receive the "your payment has been processed" email and then 2 days for the money to reach my account.

Highlighted
Rkia O Member Since: Jun 21, 2017
5 of 43

hello 

Ireceived a paiement but the option get paied isn't available

Why

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
6 of 43

Rkia,

There is a 3-day security hold for all new payment methods. Please, give it a couple of days before your payment method becomes active and you'll be able to withdraw your available earnings.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Zubair G Member Since: Feb 19, 2018
7 of 43
Yes this is what I was looking for.
I have added a payment method to get my earnings
But its not showing in the payment method..
Now I will wait for three days to get the payment method active and then get paid from my local bank
Highlighted
Karen L Member Since: Mar 30, 2019
8 of 43

Valeria K wrote:

Rkia,

There is a 3-day security hold for all new payment methods. Please, give it a couple of days before your payment method becomes active and you'll be able to withdraw your available earnings.

Hi! For the first time that you will get paid, what is the minimum amount that you can withdraw? And is it also  days security for all first time to be paid or longer than that? After the client approved your request.

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
9 of 43

Hi MarieKaren,

The 3 days security hold that Valeria mentioned is for verifying new payment methods.

On fixed price contracts the funds will be available to you after our 5 days security period has finished. To learn more how you`re getting paid on Hourly contracts check out this Help Article

Regarding the amount you can withdraw, you can withdraw even less than $100 ($10, $20 or more) at any time by clicking on the Get Paid button. If you have any additional questions let me know. Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Vladimir T Member Since: Dec 23, 2015
10 of 43

Hi Goran,

On fixed-price contracts the funds will be available to you after our 5 days security period has finished.

It's a business or calendar days?

Thanks,

Vladimir

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS